Thread: Windows Movie Maker crashes when I import converted clips

Exclamation Windows Movie Maker crashes when I import converted clips

My cacmorder has video files that r in the format .mov/.mp4 (H.264). Everytime I convert a .mov/.mp4 clip to a .avi, then import it to WMM, it says "Windows Movie Maker has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Why does WMM crash when I import a .avi clip that was originally a .mov?! Plz help!!! It was an 11 minute long clip of my video game btw. Resolution is 720 x 480, and it was recorded directly from the TV to the camcorder's LCD via an AV cable.

What are you using to do the conversion from .mov/.mp4 (H.264) to .avi? Something seems to be going wrong during this process as WMM can't open the file when you try and import it.

That's the exact conversion process I'm doing, yes. It only crashes when it imports converted files. It works perfectly fine with any regular file.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Fan Mike View Post
    That's the exact conversion process I'm doing, yes. It only crashes when it imports converted files. It works perfectly fine with any regular file.
    Mike, the question on the table is asking you HOW you are performing the file conversion you are talking about.

It's this conversion that's likely going wrong here aftre all.

I would suggest getting a 'real' video editor like Premiere elements and edit the .mov file directly with no grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Mike, the question on the table is asking you HOW you are performing the file conversion you are talking about.

It's this conversion that's likely going wrong here aftre all.

I would suggest getting a 'real' video editor like Premiere elements and edit the .mov file directly with no grief.
    I'm converting the .mov clip to a .avi with a file converter...that's all.

Yes, I also think something is getting screwed up in the porcess.

Premiere Elements...I never heard of it before. It supports .mov/.mp4 (H.264) files? Maybe I shall ask for it for Christmas

You have some limitation to import video files on Windows Movie Maker.It does not support some of the format of video files like mpeg4,3gp etc.I think This is only the problem you had before.
    ------------------
    siva

sreevyshcorp

Quote Originally Posted by siva29 View Post
    You have some limitation to import video files on Windows Movie Maker.It does not support some of the format of video files like mpeg4,3gp etc.I think This is only the problem you had before.
    ------------------
    siva

sreevyshcorp
    Yea lol I kinda figured that out by now . Does Adobe Premiere Elements 7 support .mov, and H.264 (.mp4)? Cuz I'm asking for it for Christmas if it can import .mov/mp4 without any problems at all, and can save the movie with no problems at all. Plz tell. That's the only file my cacmorder uses, and I can't edit the video because of its gay file format

I downloaded this free converter called SUPER, and it seems way better than the purchasable converters I tried. I converted the .mov/H.264 to a .asf, and WMM handled it perfectly. Woo-hoo!! Now I can finally edit my bitch .mov files!!!