Thread: Letters discolored, Help Please

Default Letters discolored, Help Please

I've attached a pic. Look at the preview window, the lettering is supposed to be red, but it becomes discolored against the background of the pic.
    Also how do you used event pan to give slight motion to the still photo?

Thanks

Note: Well the pic didn't upload for some reson. I'm using vegas 7.0
    Last edited by strike277; 10-07-2008 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Photo did not up load

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by strike277 View Post
    you used event pan to give slight motion to the still photo?
    Help | Interactive tudtorials | How to crop scale and rotate video
    (Just to save Grazie responding)
    PLEASE at least attempt to look for answers before posting questions.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    . . nyep nyep . . . did somebody nudge me .. ? ZZZ zzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Help | Interactive tudtorials | How to crop scale and rotate video
    PLEASE at least attempt to look for answers before posting questions.
    I did look, thats why I posted. I could'nt find the answer. Will some one please answer my question ?

I did look, thats why I posted. I could'nt find the answer. Will some one please answer my question ?
    As to the second part of your post, do try Tim's suggestion, using the Tutorials and look for Pan/Crop or Track motion ALSO investigate the Online Help.

As to the colour issue, and until you can post a picture, I'm kinda in the dark.

If you have any further troubles with what you have read, get back here.

Grazie

Yeah, I started digging around on you tube and got the pan crop answer there, but I thank you for your response. Whats happening with the text though is this.

I have my pics on the top row and my text on the bottom track so the words can overlay the pic, and they do, but depending on the color of the pic it gives the text a kind of negative look so to speak. If the pic were blue and the text red it would make the text yellow against the back drop of the pic. There is no question I've done something wrong here, but I have no idea what it is. As you can tell I'm a noob.
    Last edited by strike277; 10-09-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Blog Entries

OK,
    My first thought was that you had the compositing mode for one or both of the tracks set to something other than Source Alpha (This is the green icon in the track header next to the level slider), but nothing I set either to would result in yellow if I had red overlaying blue....so
    Please check REALLY carefully that you have no effects set anywhere. There are 4 places you can set effects - on the event (Right Click event and open Video Event FX), on the track (see the Icon on the track header), on the media (Right click on the event and select Media FX) or on the Output (icon above preview)

Also try opening a new project - place a blue solid colour generated media on track2 (or a video clip) and a sample text media on track 1. Do you still get the problem? If not, then the problem is within your project.
    Tim

Ok I got the pic to upload. The pic in the preview window has no fx or any type of discoloration to it. It's Stock as I found it. As you can see the text is discolored. What do you think?

Here's the link.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/attachm...1&d=1223604201
    Attached Images Attached Images

As you can see the text is discolored. What do you think?

What do I think? I'll tell you what I do know, 'cos I can see it, is an "X" flag, you do have some "Compositing Mode" item applied to the track. I can see this in your Track Header. And at some point it is reacting, as it should do, between your "black" media, your text and your "stock" material.

I can see you have the text to the far left, and I am guessing here, you took a snapshot of that and have now superimposed it over the stock - yes? Also you have a complex "Fade to Colour" envelope wavering from top to bottom colour too?

If this is what you want, Vegas is really doing a very fine job for you! And as a result, your initial "Look at the preview window, the lettering is supposed to be red, but it becomes discolored against the background of the pic." isn't logical? Well, not with what you have applied. What you have applied will make alterations along the lines of what you can see. Meaning, that if I have interpreted your screen grab correctly, you will get that "colouration" as a result of the compositing and envelope you have applied.

Tell me, why DO you have a track with, what looks like, a solid "black" Generated Media event?

OK, I'd start again and take a note of the adaptations I was implementing.

However if you just want the text to appear, as you say you do, just place that same text on a track ABOVE the stock material. No compositing modes or envelopes . .. And that's that!

Grazie

Uh, Okay then. Thanks, I think.