Thread: Everio editing problems

Default Everio editing problems

I own a JVC Everio GZ-MG334 HEK HDD. By following some of the advice in this forum i.e. by first rendering the video clips using Power Director Express which creates an AVI movie then importing it into Premier 6. This is where I get to a dead end; the software will not play the movie but just shows a still image although the sound plays for the entire movie. Can someone please suggest a solution to this?

I haven't used Power Director Express yet but if you successfully converted it to an avi, then technically it should play in Premiere 6. That is an old piece of software now, download a more up to date trial version in the form of Adobe Premiere Pro CS2 or CS3 and see if that works any better. The trial only lasts for 30 days but that should be long enough for you to get your video sorted out. The JVC creates .mod files as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong but a piece of software I heard about is called SDCopy199Beta, it's freeware and I see a lot of talk on other forums from people who have used it. Give it a try and see if that will convert your .mod to .avi and then try opening it in Premiere again or a more up to date version. Also download the latest video and audio codecs for whatever OS you are using.

Thanks for that, most helpful

Premiere 6 must be at least 8 or 9 years old now and it wouldn't be able to cope with today's new video and audio codecs. The new ones that have come out in the past two or three years need an up to date video editing program to run on. You could also try the much cheaper Adobe Premiere Elements 4 which is a cut down version of Pro but is a lot cheaper to buy, about 65 the last time I looked.