Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pause Clip but keep Movie Running

Default Pause Clip but keep Movie Running

What I want to do is pause a clip but keep the overall movie running so that I can add text onto it. Basically, I've got a 5 second clip, what I want to do is play the clip and pause it after 3 seconds then add text on top of that screenshot for another 3 seconds then play it again and remove text for the last 2 seconds of the clip, is this possible?

Sorry if I'm unclear, I'm very new to Sony Vegas.

I'm using Vegas Pro 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazzy View Post
    What I want to do is pause a clip but keep the overall movie running so that I can add text onto it. Basically, I've got a 5 second clip, what I want to do is play the clip and pause it after 3 seconds then add text on top of that screenshot for another 3 seconds then play it again and remove text for the last 2 seconds of the clip, is this possible?

Sorry if I'm unclear, I'm very new to Sony Vegas.

I'm using Vegas Pro 8.0.
    That's easy. Find the place on the time line where you want a freeze frame of the video. Then, look for a disk shaped icon above the preview window. When you put your mouse cursor over it you will see a prompt saying "save snapshot to file"

Once you saved the shot a copy will be placed automatically in your project media. What you then need to do is insert another video track ABOVE your movie track. Place your photo on the time where you want it to be stationary. Stretch/shrink it to cover the amount of time required. Then, insert another video track above that one and on it place your text, as needed.

Blog Entries

I sonetimes do it that way or if the fancy takes me I might use a velocity envalope. If you do it this way make sure you first change your clip to a ' subclip' .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    If you do it this way make sure you first change your clip to a ' subclip' .
    Interesting. Why?
    Tim

Blog Entries

If the ends of the clip are 'open' then pulling the v env will leave the endpoint on the t line the same but video will either appear or dissappear from the clip as the real time length varies due to the envalope.

If you make a subclip similar happens but the absolute end point of the clip will still be at the same bit of action. The clip will get longer or shorter but a tiny triang;e will appear to show where the end is.

Bet that is clear as mud....lol.

If the ends of the clip are 'open' then pulling the v env will leave the endpoint on the t line the same but video will either appear or dissappear from the clip as the real time length varies due to the envalope.

If you make a subclip similar happens but the absolute end point of the clip will still be at the same bit of action. The clip will get longer or shorter but a tiny triang;e will appear to show where the end is.

FROM THE VEGAS HELP SECTION:

Velocity envelopes are used to change the speed of a video event over time. For example, you could use a velocity envelope to play a clip in slow motion.

Each video event in your project has a specific duration that is not changed by velocity envelopes. Therefore, if you decrease the speed of a ten-second video event by 50%, only five seconds of video will be shown. On the other hand, if the speed is increased 200%, the ten seconds of video will play in only five seconds. The remaining five seconds of the event will be filled either with a freeze of the last frame or with ten additional seconds of video content from the media file.

Right-click a video event, choose Insert/Remove Envelope from the shortcut menu, and then choose Velocity from the submenu. A velocity envelope is drawn on the event.

Drag the envelope up to increase the playback speed of the event, or drag down to decrease its speed.

worddigger - and your point being? I'm listening.

Grazie

ps - Just Loooove your tag "image" !!

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    worddigger - and your point being? I'm listening.

Grazie

ps - Just Loooove your tag "image" !!
    The point being, I still don't know what the hell it is talking about - smile!

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    The point being, I still don't know what the hell it is talking about - smile!
    IF you are being serious (?) then exactly WHICH part is confusing you? Let's try it that way round - yeah?

Point being from me, is that I could blather on and on . . and on and on . . and STILL not get near to what it is you don't twig? Yeah?

Cheers

Grazie

Blog Entries

Sound of penny dropping.
    Thanks for that, Mark
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast