Thread: LCD Screen isn't working

Question LCD Screen isn't working

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-HC32. Just last night I was recording fine. I turned off the camera, turned it back on a few hours later, and the LCD screen wasn't working. It was just blank. The camera still works though as I could still record using the viewfinder. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips or answers to why just the LCD screen isn't working. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

I know of no common easy to fix fault - probably just busted.

Expect to pay 100 plus parts for a fix - roughly. And as its a sony, the parts will be at least 100,000....

Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Blog Entries

Have you tried tilting the screen and looking REAL close? If the image is there but almost invisible, the back light's gone. If there's nothing at all, it could just be the ribbon cable come away. Cost to repair? Haven't a clue, but knowing Sony, it'll probably be cheaper to replace it. Or.... if you're handy with a screwdriver.....

I have the same camera (sony dcr-hc32e)
    At first I the screen was still displaying but the touch screen wasn't working (ie unable to access all the funtions. Now the screen is completely black all the time.
    I did open it up once to check the ribon cable and it look fine. I guess the cable is damaged internaly. Haven't bothered to get it fixed as a quote was AUS$90. I think this is a common fault with these sony cameras.
    So does any have a sony dcr-hc32e or dcr-hc42e which works that I can buy.

South Devon

Would it be worth seeing if the AV out is working on an external screen? It's a shot in the dark, but if that's dead then maybe it's the video driver circuitry that's gone.