Thread: Newb: Need basic dvd editing help

Default Newb: Need basic dvd editing help

I downloaded DvD Shrink 3.2, how do I change the format with that progrma?
    Last edited by AWTitans; 10-04-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Default Need basic dvd editing help

I am trying to understand what you wish to do with the "burntDVD" of the football game?? The files you are referring to are the DVD files after they authored and then burned to a DVD. What do you want to do with this DVD video?? Do you want to import the video into an editing program?? If so the files must be converted to editable files . Let us know

Quote Originally Posted by 377sps View Post
    I am trying to understand what you wish to do with the "burntDVD" of the football game?? The files you are referring to are the DVD files after they authored and then burned to a DVD. What do you want to do with this DVD video?? Do you want to import the video into an editing program?? If so the files must be converted to editable files . Let us know
    Ok so the game was filmed and moved from the recorder to the computer, and the coach made a DVD. I have the DVD, and what I want is to save just bits of it in the Windows Movie Maker, and make my own video. I wanna edit it and make a new dvd. so yes, i want to import it to the editing program, how do i convert it?

Ok I downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2 now with that program how do I change the format so I can open it with Windows Movie Maker?

Copy the .VOB files of the DVD and rename them .mpg movie maker should recognize them, then you can remake you own DVD and re-author it with a simple authoring program like BurnonCD/DVD freeware.

Just had another thought, if you download a trial version of "Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD" it will do everything including re-authoring and burning the DVD, it will find all the VOB files without you having to copy or rename them, could be worth a try,