Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Could do with some advice

  1. #1

    Default Could do with some advice

    Ok hello to everyone who has dropped in to see what i "could do with some advice" About Thanx

    So i have always wanted to do something with film, editing, creation, from start to finish

    And now it seems i am going to get the chance as i have recently discoverd Tek-9 cinema a really good place to follow my love for gaming and film making, as there are a lot of bright spark machinima / frag movie film makers within Tek-9 Networks, TBH i was a bit inspired to put my two loves together and make my own frag movie "in high quality" the game i was capturing my frags in is counter strike source, the game has a built in source recorder which basically captures your in game GAME PLAY . This is all very well and good as the quality is just the same as in game AFTER capture. And it also has the capability to save your recording as an Avi yet another bonus.

    But here is were i have problems, i have tryed and tryed to use Sony vegas 9.0 and almost every HIGH quality frag movie on Tek-9 Networks uses Sony Vegas but i cant get to grips with it, I mean No were in it's HELP manual does it say or give any explanation on how to edit you footage "I HAVE LOOKED" it just tell's you what it CAN do NOT how to do

    So as you can see i am just starting out i have had no training what so ever on editing and the like but i am asking someone to help me someone to show me the basics i am a very fast learner, and this is something i have been wanting to do for years it just seems i need a push in the right direction

    So if anyone has a little time to help me please reply then i can fill you in on the details on what exactly i am working with, and what i am trying to achive then it will be easy and fast for you to reply and give me straight forward answers

    Really sorry for the long post i thought i better give you the best details i can at this time, so you can full understand what i am asking, and also giving you a better Preference to reply thank you for your time....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bristol uk
    Posts
    8,938
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think you will have to persevere or pay me 25 quid an hour for personal tuition - lols.

    I have just had a gander at the manual - Sony Creative Software - Download: Vegas Movie Studio 9.0 Manual - and I got to say that it looks very helpful and any adice i would give would merely be a paraphrasing of the manual.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tek-9 View Post
    So as you can see i am just starting out i have had no training what so ever on editing and the like but i am asking someone to help me someone to show me the basics i am a very fast learner, and this is something i have been wanting to do for years it just seems i need a push in the right direction
    In learning editing, regardless of the software system, one MUST enroll in the University of Hard Knocks. In other words, read the manual, get you a piece of video that you want to work on, and start playing around with it. It is called Creative Play and it is the best way to learn an editing system. When you have a question on how to do something, consult the manual. There are no shortcuts to learning the ways of the Force.

  4. #4

    Default

    Ok thanks i will check this out right now lols about the personal tuition nice 1.

    i was just meaning that as far as i have got so far is to have a 9min long clip recorded in game and i have loaded this into SV9.0 and i know how to split the clip into sections but when i goto deleate a part i DONT WANT out of the clip it makes the whole thing f#*k up.

    so ATM IN TIME i would just like to know how to remove sections from my 9min long clip with out it either speeding up the whole clip or slowing it down OR lol making the start of the clip play a little funny then play normal WTF i dont get it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    So... you know how to split? Then split at the start of where you want to delete, spliat again at the end. Click on the short piece you've cut at each end and hit delete on your keyboard. Hey presto. Then, (and this is really advanced stuff now), click and hold on the right hand piece and drag it until it meets the left hand piece and suddenly they are joined together!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntington, West Virginia USA
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tek-9 View Post
    Ok thanks i will check this out right now lols about the personal tuition nice 1.

    i was just meaning that as far as i have got so far is to have a 9min long clip recorded in game and i have loaded this into SV9.0 and i know how to split the clip into sections but when i goto deleate a part i DONT WANT out of the clip it makes the whole thing f#*k up.

    so ATM IN TIME i would just like to know how to remove sections from my 9min long clip with out it either speeding up the whole clip or slowing it down OR lol making the start of the clip play a little funny then play normal WTF i dont get it
    First you have to make a cut or split on both ends of the piece you want to cut out on the time line (s key). Then, delete it and move the remaining clip portions together by dragging. Simple.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    So... you know how to split? Then split at the start of where you want to delete, spliat again at the end. Click on the short piece you've cut at each end and hit delete on your keyboard. Hey presto. Then, (and this is really advanced stuff now), click and hold on the right hand piece and drag it until it meets the left hand piece and suddenly they are joined together!
    Thank you for replying unfortunately i dont have the knowlage you do about editing BUT there is no need to be sarcastic.

    What you have just explained for me to do I HAVE ALREADY DONE and still the timing on my clip after i have done this gets messed up OK sorry i dont have your expertise in there matters.

    But there is no need to be sarcastic.

    thanks for replying tho

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tek-9 View Post
    ... after i have done this gets messed up...
    In what way? You need to be a little more descriptive.

  9. #9

    Default

    Ok so i have deleated the section i dont want, and line up everything, so i press play to see if i have made the right decision and to see if i have clipped it at the right spot,

    So when i press play there is a laggy delay and it dosent correct it's self for a few seconds i stop rewind / reset and play again to see if it was just (a glitch) but NO its still the same.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Posts
    4,465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    This could possibly be because the preview window is set to highest quality preview and your PC can't handle the load. Look at the preview window and find the button that allows you to change quality of view. Lower the setting and try again.


    And look - not a hint of sarcasm....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need advice!
    By kristi.amy in forum Blu Ray, DVD, SVCD and VCD authoring
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
  2. Advice please
    By woodsman in forum Hardware Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 12:18 PM
  3. Need help/advice
    By Cerkilr in forum Hardware Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 08:54 AM
  4. VHS TO DVD ADVICE PLEASE
    By didmorg in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 01:43 PM
  5. i need advice
    By in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •