Thread: Grazie- I have another Question

Default Grazie- I have another Question

I have taken your advice and have rendered out my sony vegas project out as AVI. I am currently now rendering this as a wmv so I am able to play it on my xbox360 via windows media center. I have taken your advice and rendering this to my second hard drive.

I have read that wmv should not be used to author a dvd using dvd architect. What do you recommend that I do? Note: my AVI file is over an hour long and is 92gb in size. I am not sure how large my wmv file will end up (currently rendering and @ 78% complete; it is 2.2gb)

Please advise as to what format I should send to dvd architect to create a dvd.

My sons bday is Saturday so I hope I am able to complete this before then.

Thanks

B

To create a DVD I place my finished AVI on the Vegas timeline:

1] For the Video an MPEG2 Video stream only file called MyFile.mpg

2] For the Audio an AC3 file called MyFile.ac3

3] I place these in the same folder

4] I open DVDA and drag these files into the DVDA Workspace and then work on all the menu, text, button and any chapters I want.

5] I then proceed to "Prepare" and then "Burn"

And that is what I do.

Of course you can call your files what you want, so long as the prefix is called the same: "Myfile" or "BirthdayFile" or whatever . . . .

And no, WMV files do NOT make a menu-navigable DVD. I can get 120mins ( 2 hours) onto a DVD so time is not the problem.

As to you being able to complete the task by Saturday, that's totally up to you.

Grazie

Grazie,

Thank you for the info. I will work on what you recommended in the morning. I will post if I have any issues. If I understand you correrctly, I will take my AVi file and render that out as a MPEG 2 File? I dont understand where you get the audio file that is seperate. But once again, I am heading out the door right now so I will spend time in the morning trying to understand what you listed.

Thank you,
    B

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnes View Post
    I will work on what you recommended in the morning.
    This is NOT a recommendation, this is my workflow and my experience. What and how you employ what I do is up to you.

I will post if I have any issues.
    Again, that is up to you. I can not confirn nor deny that I will be in a position or have time to assist you with "any issues", nor would anybody else either.

If I understand you correrctly, I will take my AVi file and render that out as a MPEG 2 File?
    That is what I do - and I apply the Video Stream only template for MPEG2.

I dont understand where you get the audio file that is seperate.
    . .and you haven't asked either? However, did you read my list? It is number 2] on my workflow list. As with creating the MPEG2 - which you have understood (?) - I use the AC-3 template to create the audio.

Again, these are my own workflows. What you do is up to you.

I understand that you have successfully created a complete AVI file? Well done!

Grazie