Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumble Dryer Mania

Default Tumble Dryer Mania

Been doing some taping for my competition entry today. Big dialogue scene too!

Just doing the capture now only to realise I had the bloody tumble dryer on in the background

Gonna have to do another take tomorrow now. I'll try Audition to see if I can filter the noise out buyt not too hopeful of getting it clean. bugger! :cry:

Funny how the human ear tunes those sounds out in every day life.

As the tumble dryer noise is probably fairly well contained within a frequency range you will hopefully be able to isolate it.

Good luck
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tumble Dryer Mania

Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    not too hopeful of getting it clean
    Maybe use the washing machine next time *groan*

Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

I know that this doesn't help in hindsight, but we discovered the hard way that it's a good idea to have someone monitoring the sound with a set of proper headphones :-/

It's amazing the amount of background noise you don't realise is there until its amplified.

Blog Entries

... how many times have you switched on a stereo only to turn it down. When you switched it off, the volume was perfect

Btw, doesn't Premiere Pro 1.5 have a Dehummer audio filter?
    Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    Btw, doesn't Premiere Pro 1.5 have a Dehummer audio filter?
    It does and if not then Audition certainly does. but then again I wouldn't know what a dehummer filter does so wouldn't know to try it. I just don't have the 'sound edting' vocabulary yet :(

Audition has an excellent noide reduction facility. You can select a piece of sound just containing the noise to remove then apply that as a noise filter across everything else. Works a treat generally, but in this case it leaves my voice sounding a little 'tinny'. takes about of the low frequencies away i guess.

But having said all this, I'll try a reshoot anyway. I want a single shot and there's way too much dialogue anyway. I'm at my PC now to re-script it. Take the 5 minute phone coversation down to about 2

This is the first time I've ever shot a scripted story and I'm learning loads - mostly by trial and error. All my work till now has been editing family occasions and holidays and stuff like that. This is more fun though.

Blog Entries

Could do with a natual de-"hummer" filter in this office...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Could do with a natual de-"hummer" filter in this office...
    This would be my first purchase if I had silly cash
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast