Thread: Still Photo Processing

Default Still Photo Processing

I need to do basic editing of digital still photos, prior to adding them to my video projects. Now that I've mortgaged my garage to pay for APP, do I need to hock my wife's wedding band, in order to afford Photoshop... or, is there a better (cheaper) alternative?
    "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." - Oscar Wilde

I've been using the far cheaper Paintshop Pro for many years. It does everything I want, which is quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Wunman View Post
    I need to do basic editing of digital still photos, prior to adding them to my video projects. Now that I've mortgaged my garage to pay for APP, do I need to hock my wife's wedding band, in order to afford Photoshop... or, is there a better (cheaper) alternative?
    I'm a great fan of Photoshop. For a cheaper option I would suggest yoiu looking at Photoshop Elements. I have little doubt it will do 98% of what most people want. There is also an 'Elements' version of Premier too which migth have done you just as well.

Blog Entries

Am I weird? I edit all my photos in my video editor... does the job for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Am I weird? I edit all my photos in my video editor... does the job for me.
    A bit like playing basketball with a netball. It works and it's basically the same thing. But there's just something about it that feels wrong to me!

Serisouly though, it;s a good point. Depending on yoru edits you can do wuite a lot in a video editor and just render out a single still at the end. However, this is Premiere Pro we're talking about and is a bit limited for me.

Resizing qwould be an absolute pain and the only mask you can create would be a 16 point garbage matt.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

At this point, APP is somewhat overwhelming. (I plan to curl-up with the manual later today.) As Mark said, APP would probably do everything that I need, but, as Alan indicated, it would feel like trying to swat a fly with a baseball bat! (cricket bat, if you'd prefer) I'd probably smack myself in the face.

Based on Jerry's input, I downloaded a trial version of Paintshop Pro. (The Adobe website says that I can get a trial version of Photoshop Elements at the end of the month.)

What's a "netball"?

Blog Entries

' waht is netball ' - lol - I love these cultural no understandies.

It's basket ball for girls basically - but you cant run with the ball at all and you have to scream lots when you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    ...It's basket ball for girls basically - but you cant run with the ball at all and you have to scream lots when you play.
    Interesting... never heard of it before! I Googled 'netball' and found that the screaming doesn't hold a candle to the rabid shrieking of American parents during youth football games.