Thread: How do I blur part of the video in Vegas?

Default How do I blur part of the video in Vegas?

I finished a video in Vegas Pro 8, and realised I need to blank out some confidential information. It is in more or less the same position throughout the video. Can't get my head around how do do this - any idea?

Thanks

make a copy of the track underneath the original and then use the cookie cutter on the top clip to make hole to the track below and then add a gaussian blur to the bottom track.
    I think that's it..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winther View Post
    I finished a video in Vegas Pro 8, and realised I need to blank out some confidential information. It is in more or less the same position throughout the video. Can't get my head around how do do this - any idea?

Thanks
    This is a Sony Vegas forum so of course we have an idea

The first idea when searching for an answer to what is probably a common question would be to search forums such as this for answers.

And probably a good place to look would be under the first post in the forum section - especially if it was headed something like "Searching for Vegas Answers?"

Then you'd probably find the answer under number (3) in the first post in that thread. I'll make it even easier for you it's here
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...s-answers.html

The worst idea would be to ask a question that had been asked and answered dozens of times in your first ever post to that forum, especially when someone who is otherwise normally helpful and even tempered has just come off the phone from a cold caller wanting to know if they could make a claim on his behalf on a no win no fee basis on the possible miss-selling of an endowment policy some 23 years ago
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    ... has just come off the phone from a cold caller wanting to know if they could make a claim on his behalf on a no win no fee basis on the possible miss-selling of an endowment policy some 23 years ago
    Haven't you heard of telephone preferencing Tim? Works for me at home. TPS Registration Takes a month or so to work through, but pretty effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Haven't you heard of telephone preferencing Tim?
    Works for us too. Haven't had a legal "Cold-Caller" for years. And when they do "get-through", (Tim, you'll love this bit it!!!) I engage them in conversation, gradually eliciting their info:company name, what they are "providing", where I can call or better an address because I have an organisation truly interested in their call and then inform them of the code of the TPS.

Now, this does NOT stop external-UK cold calls coming in. But I don't think we have had more than 4 over the past 10 years?

Grazie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    Haven't you heard of telephone preferencing Tim? Works for me at home.
    Actually I have and registered years ago. Works very well.

I guess technically it wasn't a cold caller in this instance, rather it was someone from a company through whom I sold said endowment policy two years ago. My own fault I guess.

Anyway, my apologies for venting and scaring off Winther.
    Tim