Thread: Pinnacle Decision

Default Pinnacle Decision

Preparing to capture my old Hi8 analogue tape recordings onto my Windows XP PC for editing and wondered if anyone might have any views/knowledge on either Pinnacle's Movieboard Utimate or Moviebox Ultimate, as the best choice before I purchase. Iwill also be editing some Digital 8 material later on.
    This will be my first attempt following a bad experience with Pinnacle 10.7 which now lies unused in a cuboard.
    It seems there is no other means to capture Analogue, just a pity Photoshop Premiere doesn't have that facillity!
    Look forward to any help.

I use a DVD recorder to make a DVD, then use Womble MPEG Video Wizard to edit the VOB files, then re-author them and burn a new DVD it's the fastest way I have found to capture old video, and the quality can be very good, Womble doesn't re-encode any part of the VOB mpg that has nothing done to it, it only re-encodes the parts that have altered like titles and credits. when you use the Export function and look at Monitor, there is a tab called Detail, that will show you the parts that are being rendered, red is for rendering, blue is stream copy, you can get a free trail, that is fully functional,

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    I use a DVD recorder to make a DVD, then use Womble MPEG Video Wizard to edit the VOB files, then re-author them and burn a new DVD it's the fastest way I have found to capture old video, and the quality can be very good, Womble doesn't re-encode any part of the VOB mpg that has nothing done to it, it only re-encodes the parts that have altered like titles and credits. when you use the Export function and look at Monitor, there is a tab called Detail, that will show you the parts that are being rendered, red is for rendering, blue is stream copy, you can get a free trail, that is fully functional,
    Many thanks for your response.