Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comment apreciated ....

Default comment apreciated ....

Heres a "fan video" i put together. Any comments/constuctive critisism appreciated.

thanks.

http://www.promoteme.tv/video/WXJL_Tonight

<div><embed width="480" height="380" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="main" id="main" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://www.promoteme.tv/modules/vPlayer/vPlayer.swf?f=http://www.promoteme.tv/modules/vPlayer/vPlayercfg.php?id=7c6b337251c22b7ea57" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></div>
    Last edited by enc; 09-30-2008 at 04:23 PM.

SORRY i LOST ANY PLOT THERE WAS TO THIS BUT GOOD ON YA FOR HAVING A GO

I'd like to have an understanding on your input to that, which bits you're responsible for.

Musical opinions are valueless, that's up to the listener, as I personally found it abhorrent being someone who intensely dislikes Phil Oakley's voice or soundalikes.

But on the video thing, some nice cinematography tainted by some basic errors, so which bit is yours? Hard to know what to comment on really, I didn't make it to the end.

my opnly input was the edit. the brief for this section reads .... For critique of all non-original edited content videos (so called 'fan videos' using footage borrowed from other sources.....

so unless i misunderstood and as i am a fan of early human league and the film vanashing point its my fan video

Ok, so you cut clips and re-jigged them then I guess. 'Editing' can mean a lot more, but I take your point.

I suppose the problem is that it's too random then, the link between the video and the sound is detached, and I found myself trying to associate the lyrics with the activity of screen, which it didn't seem to do, kind of like watching a film on the telly with the sound down, whilst listening to the radio.

The quality of the render was ok though, as was the sound, so there's a foundation there for future stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hill View Post
    Ok, so you cut clips and re-jigged them then I guess. 'Editing' can mean a lot more, but I take your point.

I suppose the problem is that it's too random then, the link between the video and the sound is detached, and I found myself trying to associate the lyrics with the activity of screen, which it didn't seem to do,

maybe ....lots of music videos are like that though. i have done other fan videos which are more "literal" but usualy end up looking corny .

this songs about a radio station as is much of the on screen activity. more importantly here though i feel, the on screen action suits the mood of the music
    Last edited by enc; 10-16-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Wont play for me - just buffers - try again later...

Blog Entries

I liked that - tune and editing worked well together - didnt sopt the film tho' - what is it ? Looks interesting.

Thanks mark

The footage is from the 1971 classic, Vanishing Point. Bit slow by today’s standards but nicely shot for a B movie.

see here....

Because im new to this video editing game I use film footage to practice on

On this particular project iv used various slow mo, b+w, reverse, filter gradients, pip and filter effects. All done in premiere elements.

ive now tided some loose ends on the edit and added titles

here.....

PromoteMe.tv | Human League WXJL Tonight 1980
    Last edited by enc; 10-16-2008 at 05:14 PM.

I thought that was pretty good.
    Your use of the footage (which as mark w already mentioned looks very interesting) worked well with the chosen audio, relating to the Radio Station in the vision. However i thought it was a little slow in places and could have used a few more areas where the editing matched the beat of the music. Maybe just a few tighter cuts dispersed throughout, just to keep the audience's interest. (but that's just my opinion, others may disagree) Good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast