guyz watch my first creation..

post ur suggestions..

thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by pushki123 View Post
    guyz watch my first creation..

YouTube - horror

post ur suggestions..

thanks..
    Where to start? First, be sure the camera is not in the "auto" setting when you film scenes with changing light levels. Looks terrible when the picture quickly blooms before settling. Use MANUAL and work your lighting, not your camera's auto iris.

There really was not any perceived sense of dread or fear in your character or the presentation of the story. It is a good premise with an unexpected end, but you did not succeed in building tension or anticipation and you completely blew the impact of the surprise ending.

Sorry, I'm sure this is not what you wanted to hear but after downloading and watching I felt ripped off.

On the up side, damned good music. Too good for the video presentation.

Still, if this was indeed your very first creation, then you certainly show promise as a good story teller. You just need more constructive feedback and experience.

A few observations:

1. What was the purpose of the initial tour of the flat? It didnt add anything to the story. The lights were on, but then when we next see it the lights were off.
    2. The first scene in the bed. First he's facing right in the dark, then left in the light, then right in the dark. Why? Its not consistant and the viewer is not given any clues as to why the scene changes so rapidly and who's turning the lights on and off.
    3. There is a crash and he wakes up, but now the light is on!
    4. He walks in the room and were shown half a frame of wall. Maybe a pan would have been better.
    5. The punchline just didnt work. Ayone who has cats is used to noises in he dark, and no one with a kitten leves a flat window open at night.

I hope these observations help.

4. Default

thanks for the advice it is really helpfull will take all ur points into consideration while creating the next video.. thank you again..

5. Default

All Points noted even i dint notice all those things which u have noticed thanks for pointing out the mistakes will take care in the next video.. thank u again..

thanks for the advice it is really helpfull will take all ur points into consideration while creating the next video.. thank you again..
    May I have your permission to take a crack at the premise and make a video with a slightly different twist? Your basic idea had great merit and I would like to have some fun with it.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

All Points noted even i dint notice all those things which u have noticed thanks for pointing out the mistakes will take care in the next video.. thank u again..
    An obsessive attention to detail is a great asset to a film maker - aspergers syndrome even...

Blog Entries

Well I liked it!

I understood the tour of the flat to be the point-of-view of the "intruder". Maybe you should have done it from a very low angle?

I didn't like the couple of digital zoom/wipe transitions though.

I understand what you're trying to do and, apart from the criticisms made about auto exposure and a few continuity slips, I think you're on the way to making a suspenseful video.

I wouldn't have left a "happy ending" though, as final shot of someone in the shadows holding a big knife would have left the viewer shouting "No! It wasn't the cat!".

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    May I have your permission to take a crack at the premise and make a video with a slightly different twist? Your basic idea had great merit and I would like to have some fun with it.
    Thanks
    sure go ahead do watever u want.. i m most eager to see the diff version of my video..waitng for the video

I really liked the shot at 0:53 - that kind of shot from a semi-distance on handcam.
    If you used that more, this would be awesome.

Perhaps leave out a few of the dissolve/fade transitions, and leave them to simple cuts. In film nowadays, we see a lot more of simple cut transitions, so try and reflect that to improve the quality. Only use this kind of transition either to show passing of time, or as part of an all-out transition fest in a music video, or montage.

I would suggest that if you're starting out at this, that you go grab a cheap tripod. The moving camera shots you used could look a tad better if you kept the camera steady. To keep an audience tense, you need to keep the camera moving calmly. Only jutter it when they're experiencing real fear with the actor.

Finally - "Horror". I don't know if this was meant to be a pun of some sort, but this isn't a horror. Okay, so there's a comical element at the end, but you really need to see that this is a thriller, not horror.

Apart from my little contructive critisism, the sound, and storyline were all well laid out, and I look forward to seeing any future productions!