Thread: Best for DVD Authorizing

Default Best for DVD Authorizing

I was looking at DVD Santa. I see its popular but it just sounds cheazy.

I have MPEG-2 videos 16:9 from a sony camcorder that I want to make regular movie dvds that will play in a standard dvd player.

I would like to here some suggestions and experience with the different softwares.
    Main point is I don't want my videos to loose quality. Second I don't want to have to wait 2 hours for a 30 min DVD . WHen I used the sony sofware the came with the camcorder it really sucked as it just took forever and seemed to get stuck.

Thanks.

Oh P.S. Where is a good source for buyin Dual Layer DVD+R's for a decent price?

Like a 50 pack or maybe a 75 or a hundred pack.

Blog Entries

For DVD authoring software, you really have to go a long way to beat DVD Architect.

For discs, I always use Carousel, good prices, very fast delivery and good products

Buy blank media blank CD, DVD, DVD RW blank media, tapes and computer storage from Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    For DVD authoring software, you really have to go a long way to beat DVD Architect.

For discs, I always use Carousel, good prices, very fast delivery and good products

Buy blank media blank CD, DVD, DVD RW blank media, tapes and computer storage from Carousel

Thanks for you links. I will check them out.

Blog Entries

When authouring DVDs you will ALWAYS loose quality, although you might not notice. Video is compressed to the data fit on a dvd so there is bound to be a loss of quality.

All dvd authouring programs will take ages to compile a dvd - on four cores expect a 1.5 hour dvd to take about 1.5 hours.

I use Movkit to authoriz DVDs,when i upload to youtube,that got on front page several times

TopherX Guest

DVD Architect for sure. You can page cool menus and add programming, it transcodes nice and burn reliably.