Thread: XP+Adobe Premier crashes on new HP workstaion.

Thumbs down XP+Adobe Premier crashes on new HP workstaion.

Dear all,

I am new here and i am having severe problems using Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 on my new HP Workstation with Matrox Capture Card. We bought the new HP XW4600 workstation specifically for this purpose but i guess its not serving the purpose.

I am using a PCI Matrox
    Matrox x.100 Capture Card + Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 on Windows XP - SP2. The Adobe application keeps crashing when i click on the timeline window even before i capture anything. I am using DV Device and i have configured DV Playback settings to use GDI instead of Direct 3D as mentioned in the Troubleshooting. Many a times the OS reboots giving a memory dump or the application just crashes.

Also, when i press esc to save the capture, the application hangs. More often, the OS crashes and reboots.

I have tested this Matrox card on another assembled machine and things are working fine. I am guessing that the matrox card or the adobe premier pro is not able to work with dual core CPU's on the HP Workstation. Or could this be a problem with the Display adapter, I also tried installing Matrox card on different PCI slots, but the problem remains.

Can anyone help me with this? How do i get this working on HP workstation hardware?

Kindly help.
    Thanks,
    Avinash

The Matrox Rt.X100 card is really quite old now. Wors absolutely fine with Premiere Pro 1.5 as long as you have the right version of Xtools. Although you really should have patched to 1.5.1.

The problems you are having are likely to be quite simple (for an answer). You won;lt like it much but the answer IS simple. You have some incompatible hardware. Been the bain of Rtx100 users for years.

The card really is quite fussy about what hardware and even what slot it is plugged into. Check with Matrox for a listof compatible hardware. If you mobo is not on the list then quite simply, they will not support you and you can pretty much forget it.

Of course you can always use Premier Pro 1.5 and not use a Matrox preset and all should be just dandy.

If your workstation has a firewire socket then use that instead.

Are you asking me to have a separate fire wire port? Cox, the matrox card has a firewire port!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    If your workstation has a firewire socket then use that instead.

Thanks for the reply. I guess i have the correct matrox tools drivers as it is working fine on a normal assembled machine. As you said i have to check the hardware compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    The Matrox Rt.X100 card is really quite old now. Wors absolutely fine with Premiere Pro 1.5 as long as you have the right version of Xtools. Although you really should have patched to 1.5.1.

The problems you are having are likely to be quite simple (for an answer). You won;lt like it much but the answer IS simple. You have some incompatible hardware. Been the bain of Rtx100 users for years.

The card really is quite fussy about what hardware and even what slot it is plugged into. Check with Matrox for a listof compatible hardware. If you mobo is not on the list then quite simply, they will not support you and you can pretty much forget it.

Of course you can always use Premier Pro 1.5 and not use a Matrox preset and all should be just dandy.

Where can i download drivers for Matrox x.100 cards that is compatible with Adobe Premier 1.5 - WInXP-SP2?

The very best place to go for Matrix Rt.X100 advice is their own forums.

Matrox RTX100 User Forum :: Index

My experience there though si that the very fiurst thing they will do is ask you to check all yoru h/w is on the compatibility list. If not then you're not likely to get a lot of help I'm afraid.

For the latest driver pop along to here Matrox Video - Support - RT.X100
    Use thelinks on the left for downloads and choose your version.

If you get real stuck I can send you a copy.