Thread: Expecting help from all of you plz

Default Expecting help from all of you plz

Hello every one,

I'm very new here and i don't know anything abot video editing...but i've enormous interest in this field. I'm not sure from where and how to start video editing lesson? what softwares, laptop config, everything ... what else i nd to have...

I'm eagerly waiting to hear from everyone....any kind of suggestions , help ...would be really appreciating... i'm a student at the moment so i can't afford spending money right now..hope u all understand.

take care and have a gd wkend to everyone
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 09-26-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Email removed to protect your account from spam

Blog Entries

Hi, I've removed your email address to prevent you from receiving SPAM emails. I thoroughly recommend you spend a few hours reading through posts and searching the forums.

These forums a a great source, there are also plenty of good channels on youtube dedicated to video editing, cameras, and tech info.

The other way in the real world is join a local video club, problem is you tend to find them full of wealthy self-funded retired folk, if your sub 30years its not a option.

I learned my small set of skills via a video club, back in the days when a 4gb hard drive was considered large.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

EEE 4 gig - them were the days - you were lucky son - I remember my first hard drive - in my amiga - it was 176 Mb ( yes megabyte) and cost me 360 quid arf - but that was befor the dawn of recorded time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I remember my first hard drive - in my amiga - it was 176 Mb
    Let's not go down that road.

Of course, we 'ad it tough.

I remember when I first moved into PCs, we used to specify fileservers with 20MB hard disks. Novell Netware was perfectly happy with that and there was bags of space left for data.
    My first full-time job was as a computer operator and we had removable hard disks which had to be mounted in what looked like oversized washing machines. The discs [sic] had (I think) 7 platters - all open to the air when out of the drives - were about 18 or 20 inches in diameter and the stack was about 8 inches tall. Held 60 Megabytes though.
    One unfortunate operator dropped one. Cost of replacement - 3,000 ( c 1978 )

But I know that will easily be beaten. So, as I said, let's not go down that road
    Tim

Blog Entries

Indeed - nothnig sadder than middle aged mele nerds remanicing....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Indeed - nothnig sadder than middle aged mele nerds remanicing....

and in this comment we are all united..

The other interesting fact is that hard drive I sppke of earlier was the BIG D 4.2 GB scsi, 10.000 rpm, and worth as much as the rest of the computer, the system drive was 2GB, and from memory it cost $8000 AUD all up, back in 1995, now every computer I have built since has basically cost half as much each time, so hopefully my next build will be almost free.

I'm guessing people back then, early 90's were making big bucks selling computer bits, back in the days before widespread internet, e-bay or wonderous forums like these, and as I remember trying to find a capture card which actually did capture video, (a good 7 min capture without dropped frames) well thats a completely new topic.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo