Thread: Problems with Sony Vegas...

1. Default Problems with Sony Vegas...

Hey everyone...I've just installed sony vegas movie studio 8 platinum as i wanted to try something different. I've been a long time user of adobe premiere elements 4 before that and its been a bit moody at times so hence the change.

Anyhow, sony vegas is giving me problems...i finished with the trial version and got the full version installed. Its saying it doesnt read vob files (dvd ripped files) when it did before and now when i try to import any type of media file it comes without any audio.

Please help. I've been searching everywhere and have been pretty lost!

Blog Entries

To read vob files (from a DVD) you need to use the File | Import | DVD Camcorder disc option - not just copy them to your hard drive. This will convert the data to an MPEG-2 file with audio and video streams.
    Tim

3. Default

Thank you for that info! However it still isnt coming with sound, and thats all my files..avi, quick time, mpeg etc

Blog Entries

Try installing some codecs - googel 'nimo'

5. Default

sure, i'll try that and get back to you guys! Thank you!!

6. Default

Well downloaded a full registered version of one...still doesnt work...im thinking of going back to adobe which sucks cause this one looked pretty good!

Blog Entries

Well, it's clearly something to do with what's on your systems as, by your own admission, it used to work. I suggest you head on over to sonycreativemedia.com and open a support ticket - after all you've paid for it.
    Not importing audio from ANY type of media sounds like you've got a setting very wrong somewhere.
    What does the audio track show when you import media? A flat line or does it still show a waveform - or is there no audio track at all?
    Tim

8. Default

It shows an audio track but the audio track contains nothing. Some media types it wont read at all, and the trial worked well and read it well.

You're right though, I will go to the site and get a support ticket or call customer service. I remember when I first got adobe it was being moody and wouldnt read dvd files and then I called up and now it works fine (although its still moody at times, hence why i wanted to change) but good advice, thank you!

Blog Entries

Just be prepared to do a complete uninstall and re-install how they ask (not just a Add/Remove Programs). They seem to like to do that and, in fairness, it does often clear up a problem. But even if it doesn't it gives them a "clean" install to work with. Good luck.
    Tim