Thread: How to: Persistant Background in DVD Menus

Default How to: Persistant Background in DVD Menus

Is it possible to make a video background that will keep playing throughout all of the DVD menus wherever the user may browse? (as in contrast to the background video stopping and restarting between menus)

I'm using several different programs like Sony DVD Architect and Adobe Encore, and so far i can only have seperate video backgrounds on a per-menu basis.

Is there any program out there that can do this?

With regular DVDs the motion background of one menu is completely independent of a different menu so basically they will always play again from the beginning. Sorry.

I suspect you'll have much better luck with Blu-Ray when we start getting 'proper' blu-ray authoring package that meet the full standard.

I say 'proper' because we can already do them in the likes of Adobe Encore but, in trueth, all I believe you can do there is build your menus the same way as for DVDs and author them for blu-ray. you cannot include any nice juicy blu-ray features in there.