Thread: Make some parts louder

Smile Make some parts louder

Hello. I have a fairly simple question.
    I'm using Sony Vegas studio 8.0 platinum

1) I can see how to increase certain track volumes .... how do I only increase
    volume on certain parts of the track and leave others untouched. (eg during dialouge in a play)

Thank you

Blog Entries

Right click on the track (not the media) and go down to envelopes and add volume. A blue line then appears on the track. Double click at points on that line which adds the points where you want changes to occur. Then just drag the blue line up or down according to taste.

Default Making movie

Thank you so much for that! very useful info....

while I've got your attention, I have noticed problems with "making movie"
    My project is saved to AVI format (which I am happy with). However there is no sound in it. I know sound has to be seperately rendered to another file
    eg wav/mp3/ac3, but I was hoping I could make an avi/mpeg file with BOTH video and sound?

Also, even when I render the project to a wav or mp3..... and then play these audio files back, there is no sound at all..... am I missing a simple step?

Please help
    Raj

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rajj99 View Post
    ...I know sound has to be seperately rendered to another file eg wav/mp3/ac3...
    That's not really correct. You only need to do that if you want an AC3 audio stream for a DVD. It may be that you have the avi template with no audio stream selected. When you've selected the template, look in the description boz and see if it includes the audio. If not, click custom and on the audio tab ticj the 'include audio' box.

edit - Just re-read your post. Is the audio track muted? If it is, no sound will be rendered in any format.