Thread: How to: Persistant Background in DVD Menus

Default How to: Persistant Background in DVD Menus

Is it possible to make a video background that will keep playing throughout all of the DVD menus wherever the user may browse? (as in contrast to the background video stopping and restarting between menus)

I'm using several different programs like Sony DVD Architect and Adobe Encore, and so far i can only have seperate video backgrounds on a per-menu basis.

Alright! I heard you the first time!!!!

Please do not double post. I anwered this same question elsewhere.

Yea sorry about that, i was (and still am) pretty desperate for this feature. Are you 100% sure that according to the DVD specification (regular DVD, not blu-ray) having one single background clip play continuously throughout all the menus is not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by kingIZZZY View Post
    Yea sorry about that, i was (and still am) pretty desperate for this feature. Are you 100% sure that according to the DVD specification (regular DVD, not blu-ray) having one single background clip play continuously throughout all the menus is not possible?
    I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier!

Seriously... yeah, sure. When have you ever seen such a menu system on a DVD you've bought? I never have that's for sure.

grrr why.....why.........

how about a transition effect from menu to menu, that the video+sound from previous menu fades out, and the video+sound of next menu fades in. this is possible? what software can i do this on?

The best you can do is to make the start of one piece of video match the end of the previous piece and play them in sequence. Even then there is no guarantee that the transition will be smooth. It may jump.

pretty difficult to do that, since the user can choose to browse to the next menu arbitrarily... i can still see that possible about the video loop, but how to fade the sound loop at any arbitrary point?

The bottom line of this discussion is that you just will not achieve what you are after. It's not in the standard!

noooo dont say that

argghhh how the standard sucks... what were they thinking, menus to be completely seperated entities...brainz!!!