Thread: post production motion capture

Default post production motion capture

hello. i am a nearly absolute beginner. but i was wondering if it is possible to do a post production motion capture. what i mean is if i make a video of myself jumping around and such, can i upload it and then reduce all my movements into wireframe?

what i was considering is taking footage of different martial arts performances, nothing proprietary, and then making wireframes of the movements and putting them on a database. then i want to chop them up and make combat scenes according to my tastes. after that is done, i could overlay? other textures on top. not sure what the proper terms are. i just mean i want to put another peorson over the original renderings and then slap a background in back and tada, you have a custom fight scene.

so my question is: is this possible with today's technology?

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by B Redmond812 View Post
    hello. i am a nearly absolute beginner. but i was wondering if it is possible to do a post production motion capture. what i mean is if i make a video of myself jumping around and such, can i upload it and then reduce all my movements into wireframe?

what i was considering is taking footage of different martial arts performances, nothing proprietary, and then making wireframes of the movements and putting them on a database. then i want to chop them up and make combat scenes according to my tastes. after that is done, i could overlay? other textures on top. not sure what the proper terms are. i just mean i want to put another peorson over the original renderings and then slap a background in back and tada, you have a custom fight scene.

so my question is: is this possible with today's technology?

thanks in advance.
    Not quite covinced you'll get th evel of results you're looking for but you could do this in Adobe After Effects.

Motion track individual points (i.e. foot) and then apply those positions to a wire figure or your own making using the puppet tool avaialble in CS3. It'll only be 2D and not 3D but should get you rstarted.