Thread: I dont know if this is the right place to put this as I am new

Default I dont know if this is the right place to put this as I am new

Hello

I have a video clip that needs to be edited. It has graphical text on the bottom which I need to remove. It is on the bottom.

I was wondering if there is a software that I can select what I want to do is choose what I want to have in new edited video clip. Or mask the bottom with a bar or something.

I would appreciate any help or suggestion on what software or how to do this as I am new to editing.

This has been asked here lots of times and I alwassy start my answer with the same question back to you...

If the video you have has a graphic on it then this would normally mean you are not the originaltor of the piece or you would have th eoriginal footage. typicalyl footage like this has been downloaded. As such you are not the owner and have no rights to modify it, let alone steal it by removing the ownership graphic already on it. Do you have permission?

But yes, easy enough to do in any editor. Place a black square over the offending graphic on the timeline. Basic stuff.

Aletrnatively, if you have a copy of the exact graphic then I remember seeing a video tutorial on exactly what you need over at the creative cow podcasts

Well I still own 8mm reels. The guy who transfer from PAL to NTSC put his name n phone number, which I think is not a good practice but Iam not going to go through all the hassle.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cteq1 View Post
    Well I still own 8mm reels. The guy who transfer from PAL to NTSC put his name n phone number, which I think is not a good practice but Iam not going to go through all the hassle.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.
    That's ludicrous behavour. Insist that he provides another transfer without his name and number.

Well I called him and emailed him for weeks. I am asking American Express to intervene as he should not have done that, I wouldnt mind if he put 2 sec burst at the end.