Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Studio Plus 10 and Vista

Default Pinnacle Studio Plus 10 and Vista

I have had Studio 10 for a while but have only just got round to loading it onto my PC having downloaded the Vista executable file from Pinnacle. All seems to be working EXCEPT when I try to "Make Movie" the application closes down. I have tried this 5 times and it happens every time. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix? Without it my Pinnacle 10 is useless.

Hi I tried Pinnacle studio 12 ultimate and had exactly the same fault no matter how I tried I couldn't stop it from crashing which was a pity, it has some very nice features, but outputting isn't one of them, on the odd occasion I got it to work I selected the output before I did the edit. but gave up in the end and now use Ulead

Default Vista editware?

was just about to look round for a suitable Pinnacle version for Vista, but am now wondering - what is the recommended edit software for Vista so far, please?

i use Pinnacle on XP and am happy with it - but Vista sounds like a whole new ball game?

actually have 'Roxio Buzz' (download) on Vista at the moment, which i hardly use, but has not crashed on this system

thanks

Ric

Hi Ric,

I was using XP and was having a lot of trouble with Pinnacle, I was editing AVCHD 1920x1080i so if you have found a way to use Pinnacle I would be pleased to hear, it could be such a good program, but so far I have found Ulead 11.5 Plus to be the least crash prone.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    Hi Ric,

I was using XP and was having a lot of trouble with Pinnacle, I was editing AVCHD 1920x1080i so if you have found a way to use Pinnacle I would be pleased to hear, it could be such a good program, but so far I have found Ulead 11.5 Plus to be the least crash prone.
    Hi there,

i'm a bit retro with Pinnacle - have clung on to Pinnacle 9 AV/DV which, as long as you don't hurry it in any way, will render and burn dvd's no worries

do not understand the AVCHD 1920x1080i reference. mostly use Pinnacle for home-editing experimental ciné film which, if i can get a good capture, produces a result - but i am far from happy with this - but it's better than nothing

digital technology can get understandibly phased when you are asking it to scan something flickering at up to 18 times per second, which is something i'm trying to get round at the moment - if you then convert that captured material to AVI or worse MPEG, the 'distress' is magnified, but dvd burns are much more acceptable

Pinnacle 9 will also import/convert my stuff from VHS tape and dvd via RCA lead from VCR or dvd player, to Pinnacle PCI (card), so it is a very handy piece of software for me, as i potter around with film footage

does this help?

have ongoing concerns about Pinnacle + Vista; as i mentioned 'Buzz' is 100% stable on Vista, so some things work, but i don't capture in buzz, only import movie files for dvd / web upload

bests

R

Blog Entries

Guys - if you ' patched ' the instatlls ass suggested by pinnacle and the s ware crashes - get on to custmer services for a refund - VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE SHOULD NOT KEEP CRASHING.

If it does it is fualty.

AVCHD is high definition, I don't think the software has caught up yet, It's called "bleeding edge technology" well it is by some, I've called it worse.

i walk on ice whenever i edit in Pinnacle because i have found the *least* action will compromise the software / throw the file creation / dvd compilation - the whole pc is given a very wide berth indeed, during the rendering process

am impatient to experiment with web video files - Pinnacle only basically gives AVI and MPEG, but i am suspicious that the compression codices are not what they could be - not as efficient in compressing the video material

does anyone know if all video MPEG (codexing) is in fact the same or if it actually varies widely, from software to software - i am sure new and more efficient ways of compressing dv (and hd) come out all the time, but i never see this discussed on the net?

thanks

Ric

I found there is a big difference between encoders the best ones I have used are TMPGEnc and with a slight edge Cinema Craft encoder basic, the only thing with Cinema Craft is that it is only an mpg encoder but it does very well.

Default encoders

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    I found there is a big difference between encoders the best ones I have used are TMPGEnc and with a slight edge Cinema Craft encoder basic, the only thing with Cinema Craft is that it is only an mpg encoder but it does very well.
    fascinating

do you use these independently or do they come with software please?

the encoders on Pinnacle 9 must be thoroughly *ancient* by now, i am wondering if some of my wobbly compressions are the result of this?

thanks

R

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast