Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best format to use photos for movies?

Default Best format to use photos for movies?

JPEGS take ages to render, especially after adding keyframes/effects etc...does anyone else find that this is the case?

Blog Entries

Not really, but remembers you don't really need a high res image. Are you scaling before or after import?

Blog Entries

yea - as Marc says make sure you are not using pics with insane res - you only need the video res. Rendering stills is just as time consuming as video, esp if you use effects like radial / gaussian blur, sharpening, unsharp, sat changes to mention just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Not really, but remembers you don't really need a high res image. Are you scaling before or after import?
    The images are of the highest res...hmmm I don't remember scaling- the photos go straight onto my PC then imported into PPro..if you can tell me how this is done, then great. Thing is I want the images to remain sharp on DVD.

Still images just like your video will be slightly softer because of the compression used to squeeze all that data onto a dvd disc. This is one of the side effects of using mpeg to make dvd discs.

Quote Originally Posted by shaf View Post
    The images are of the highest res...hmmm I don't remember scaling- the photos go straight onto my PC then imported into PPro..if you can tell me how this is done, then great. Thing is I want the images to remain sharp on DVD.
    What Marc and Mark mean is that your high res photos are probably something like 3000x2000 pixels large. Now, depending on where you live DVD resolution is much less than that 720x576 for PAL and 720x480 for NTSC. Importing your large photo and scaling to the smaller size will takes ages (relatively) so you should scale down your photo to a more reasonable size and then import the much smaller image into you editor. Things will go much smoother, trust me.

Personally, I often make my photos a bit large than DVD resoltuion so I have theoption for subtle pans and zooms in my slideshows.

Personally, I often make my photos a bit large than DVD resoltuion so I have theoption for subtle pans and zooms in my slideshows.
    See that is exactly how I use my photos, I like to tell a story..the result is normally fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by shaf View Post
    See that is exactly how I use my photos, I like to tell a story..the result is normally fantastic.
    The point is to make them as small as you can to achieve the effect you want. This way you'll reduce render times.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    What Marc and Mark mean is that your high res photos are probably something like 3000x2000 pixels large. Now, depending on where you live DVD resolution is much less than that 720x576 for PAL and 720x480 for NTSC. Importing your large photo and scaling to the smaller size will takes ages (relatively) so you should scale down your photo to a more reasonable size and then import the much smaller image into you editor. Things will go much smoother, trust me.

I am having problems keeping acceptable resolution when making picture DVD movies on vegas HS 9 premier.
    I am using my camera at full 10Mpxl res and the movies look terrible with very low res.
    I have all the time in the world and just want sharp pictures.
    I am rendering using MP 2.
    Will Adobe Photo scale the photos down?
    Is there a batch process for multiple photos?
    Tom

I used MP 4 and result us not that good! can't figure out what suit for movies. . .
    Last edited by via; 12-08-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast