Thread: Premiere Pro CS3 - export to encore grayed out

Default Premiere Pro CS3 - export to encore grayed out

I have the full version (ie not trial) of PP CS3 (now v3.2.0), which is supposed to have Encore CS3 bundled with it.

However, when I try File > Export > Export to Encore it is grayed out.

I know that the timeline should be selected before trying.

I've spent a good few hours over the last while on forums and the Adobe site, where I find many people having the same problem, but not, alas, a solution.

Does any very, very wonderful person have that solution?

Fingers very crossed.

feenix

Silly question, but are you sure Encore is actually installed lol...and if so, is it a genuine copy, Try uninstall & reinstall for both applications.

Smile

Shaf - thanks for the reply.

No, I'm not sure Encore CS3 is installed, but it should be if it gets installed along with PP CS3.

I just don't get it - everything else works perfectly. I don't even have any of the problems that seem to make many people's lives a misery, going by what's on forums.

This is the only problem I have with the whole CS3 suite, but unfortunately it is, for me, a serious one.

No, wait. The Bridge CS3 Photo Downloader has grayed out the Convert to DNG option, AFTER working perfectly well for a while after installation.

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THIS BLOODY GRAYING OUT????

If I can't fix the encore problem, do you know if I can import into other DVD creation software (AVS4YOU) the m2v file created by File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder? I certainly hope so.

Best

James

Just guess here but in previous versiosn the cool interaction betwen Adobe products (calle Dynamic Link) was only active if you perchased the 'Production Studio' set of apps that included the full set including After Effects and Photoshop. Possibly this option is only enabled if you have dynamic link active and I suspect you will njot if you bought Premiere and got Encore bundled in.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by feenix View Post
    Shaf - thanks for the reply.

No, I'm not sure Encore CS3 is installed, but it should be if it gets installed along with PP CS3.

I just don't get it - everything else works perfectly. I don't even have any of the problems that seem to make many people's lives a misery, going by what's on forums.

This is the only problem I have with the whole CS3 suite, but unfortunately it is, for me, a serious one.

No, wait. The Bridge CS3 Photo Downloader has grayed out the Convert to DNG option, AFTER working perfectly well for a while after installation.

WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THIS BLOODY GRAYING OUT????

If I can't fix the encore problem, do you know if I can import into other DVD creation software (AVS4YOU) the m2v file created by File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder? I certainly hope so.

Best

James
    The problem is that you didn't install Encore. It is a separate download even though it's "bundled" with Premier, it is still a separate download and a separate serial. I had the same problem and called Adobe and found out that that was the problem. I didn't know because I use Premier at work and I wasn't able to download but after talking to them, I spoke to my director that looked further and saw it there as he never gave it to me before by mistake.

Hope this helps.