Thread: Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum???

Default Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum???

Need an editing programme for working on wedding footage, have heard nothing but good reviews about Vegas 8 Platinum, but it seems very cheap compared to others, which makes me think it is inferior or not powerful enough, and anyone advise me please??

And also looking at new computer and wondering if this will be powerful and fast enough to run this without much hassle??

it is a Dell Inspiration 530-2590

Vista Premium
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache
    3GB Memory
    640GB Hard Drive
    2 Firewire Connections

Thanks in advance for your help

It'll run . . . although you really ought to have a second installed HD from scratch for video date storage - I use a similar PC to run Sony Vegas Pro, which is much more worthwhile - but more expensive, of course.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Cheers Chris, Forgot to say i have an external HD for storage, 1TB. There wouldnt be anything to flashy going onto my videos, just need a programme that will allow me still pics with borders and text and usual fades, and transition effects and audio options, would it benifit me to go for Pro?

proshow gold is an excellent program for what you want to do, i did my sisters wedding and she was over the moon. very simple to use, drag and drop pictures and video into timeline, stacks of transitions. sorry dont know price but excellent program.

With Vegas Pro you get a very large number of available tracks for effects, overlays, multiscreen effects, a lot more than with the domestic version.

I'm not very sure that an internal disc will do the best job, Ian - Dell will install a second disc when building, and in fact I think it might be what you really get (2 discs) when you get a 640Gb disc

I use it for broadcast programmes, and really find it very straightforward to use.

I think Proshow Gold is more directed at slideshow presentations, isn't it?
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .