Thread: miniDV Sony-HC32 NTSC -- just don't get the edit

Default miniDV Sony-HC32 NTSC -- just don't get the edit

Hi guys, I bought this camcorder from the States 3 years ago (live in Italy), never edited with it, now I finally wanted to learn how and I can't find the manual. I try to upload the video thru the Sony software on disc, but I get nothing on the CD-R it tells me to use. Then whatever goes on the CD (looks like a bad pic only of what the footage should be) prevents me from adding anything else, it tells me to use a new blank one (but there's no video on it?).

I don't know what the hell is going on frankly, can't view on the PC, is that because it's NTSC? Anyway, was thinking of getting an HDD or miniDVD but I'm reading that MiniDV is better for editing and picture about as good? I have some family stuff recorded on tapes and I'd like to watch them on some kind of screen, but I'm also toying with the idea of amateur filming as a hobby...

Can anyone explain what I'm missing, or point me in the right direction?
    Thanks much,

Western Europe

When using a camcorder that is NTSC in a country that use PAL and you are connecting it to your computer it doesn't matter as all you are doing is transferring data from one device to another. Did you use a firewire cable to connect the camcorder to the computer or a USB cable. It should be firewire that you use. And please don't buy a HDD or Mini DVD camcorder they are crap.