Thread: Help please

1. Default Help please

Don't know where to start as total newbie.
    I have recently brought a Panasonic SDR-H40, and have uploaded the Video clips from my recent wedding to my PC hard drive using the supplied software.

The problem is when i goto playback from PC hard drive using windows Media player, i get sound only, but no video footage.

Any help would be brill thank you.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by punchy123 View Post
    Don't know where to start as total newbie.
    I have recently brought a Panasonic SDR-H40, and have uploaded the Video clips from my recent wedding to my PC hard drive using the supplied software.

The problem is when i goto playback from PC hard drive using windows Media player, i get sound only, but no video footage.

Any help would be brill thank you.

Hi guys i have had 10 views, but no replys. Can anyone help me?

did u try any other player?
    i don't think there's any problem with ur videos... it's just that wmp can't show u the video... probably a missing codec or maybe the video has a very high quality that wmp can't display...
    try realplayer, or nero media player...
    The child has grown
    The dream is gone

Blog Entries

We rarely reccomned hdrive based cameras for the very reasons you are discovering. The video they produce is very compressed and a nightmare to play or edit on often.

My advice if you can is to swap the camera for a DV tape camera - better quality and easy peasy to work on the video.

Sorry i cant be more helpfull.... try loading a codec pack ( google 'nimo' ) - that may help. VLC plays almost anything - try trhat.