Thread: Selecting and cutting from timeline.

Default Selecting and cutting from timeline.

Hi All,
    I wonder if someone could help? I produce photoshop video training tutorials, which I capture and edit with Camtasia Studio 5. I'd like to edit and produce the final flash video from the raw screen captures with premier Elements, but I'm having problems.
    The point is, when I edit the raw screen capture video in Camtasia, which I've done for a long time now, I can edit out any "Um and Ahhs", sneezes, coughs etc, simply by highlighting that portion of the video and sound track in the timeline, right-clicking the selection, and choosing "Delete Selected". Camtasia will then delete the highlighted area and splice the whole lot back together instantly and seamlessly. For the life of me I can't find any way to do the same thing in Premier Elements! Instead it seems that I have to use markers in elements and then delete then split the video at those points, deleting the remaining portion afterwards. This is soooo time consuming rather than the drag-right-click that I'm used to. Is there any way to do this is elements? Would I be able to do it in Premier Pro?
    Any help would be much appreciated. The point is, although Camtasia is great for the click-drag editing, it's rubbish for titles and rendering. I appreciate that I could edit in Camtasia and then render it out as an AVI, then import this into PE and do the titles etc, but this seems like a hell of a lot of work, and it would result in a video that had been rendered twice!
    Any ideas anyone? It's driving me mad!
    Cheers,
    Tim Shelbourne.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tim104 View Post
    For the life of me I can't find any way to do the same thing in Premier Elements! Instead it seems that I have to use markers in elements and then delete then split the video at those points, deleting the remaining portion afterwards. This is soooo time consuming rather than the drag-right-click that I'm used to. Is there any way to do this is elements? Would I be able to do it in Premier Pro?
    1) Click C to activate the razor tool
    2) Click the start of your edit in the timeline
    3) Click B to activate the ripple edit tool
    4) Drag the start of the newly create clip to your desired end point