Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customer requesting raw footage

Default Customer requesting raw footage

Hi - relative newbie here - I have had 2 customers requesting the original raw footage of the wedding film - willing to pay extra... Has anyone else had this? I'm not sure I'm happy about giving all the cut stuff out to people. If I do, any idea on charge? Any feedback much appreciated! Thanks Dolly

I always give my customers the raw footage

Thanks for info....

I wouldn't 'give it' away. This is valuable source material and your copyright. It should be charged for.
    You'll never hear of photographers 'giving away' all their shots of the day.

Blog Entries

Why on earth wouldnt you give them it all gratis?
    Clearly it depends on your contract but just off the top of my head it seems to me that you have been paid to film them qed everything you film is 'thiers'. Isnt it that simple ?

I dont do weddings ( too much competition from shit fim makers with good bullshitting skills) but for other events I always offer the raw video rights free.

Blog Entries

Put it this way, a photographer certainly wouldn't provide all the proofs for free. I'm with zero on this one.

Blog Entries

Really - how queer - I mean it's not like it is anyore wk - but like i said i dont do weddings and anyway i have the entreprenuirial skills of stalin.

Why do they want the raw footage? Are they planning on editing it themselves? I'd really like to hear their reason. It just seems a strange request after you were hired to record the event, spend a long time editing it (adding more worry lines to your forehead plus a few extra grey hairs) and then give them a polished version in a fancy case.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 09-14-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks all - very useful - even if no consensus... Reasons for their wanting it given as, whilst will be looking at the edited version over and over, will come a time when they would like to see the whole day in detail.. I can understand where they're coming from.. So I have a choice of giving them the raw, uncut one or making a 'very long' version and charging.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Why do they want the raw footage? Are they planning on editing it themselves? I'd really like to hear their reason. It just seems a strange request after you were hired to record the event, spend a long time editing it (adding more worry lines to your forehead plus a few extra grey hairs) and then give them a polished version in a fancy case.
    I reckon its cos most wedding vidders cant edit to save thier lives...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast