Thread: End result quality on DVD disk

Default End result quality on DVD disk

Hi Guys and Gals. Firstly a run down on how I do things in Premier 1.5. After I have done my editing I play back the vid (from the timeline)via Firewire to my camera (Sony2100e) and from the camera I use an S connector (and audio lead) to my Sony DVD recorder deck(SonyHX-710).
    The reason I do this is so I dont have to wait 10 or 12 hours(or more!) for the vid to be processed using the burner in premier or other burning programs. I don't have a problem with the output quality (it is the same as doing a disk in premier). The picture is pretty good all things considered.
    But when monitoring the vid during editing on a tv monitor the vid looks fabulous. I would like to be able to keep the quality right to the disk.
    I have run the firewire directly from the pc to the dvds recorder dv input but I get distorted audio and jumpy vid. There seems to be a compatability issue here?? I have also tried recording the vid to tape in the camera(via f/wire) and the vid still looks great, then playback from the camera to the recorder and that's when the quality drops (using the SP-2hr- mode on the deck).
    Can anyone shed some light? Am I asking too much from the dvd format?
    Cheers, and good luck..

Newberg Oregon

I am currious
    10-12 hours to process your vid???

Rendering takes about 1.5 times the length of the timeline and then to burn the finished file to a DVD should only take a few minutes.

What is the issue with your burning software??

I can complete a 1 hour vid and have it on a DVD in no more than an hor or two from the time I get thing all sweet on the timeline.

Now are you doing Hi Def?? If so this may be the issue.

Shoot tons of footage and always be critical of your own work.
    Its tacky to be critical of others no matter how bad the work.

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Rivers View Post
    Rendering takes about 1.5 times the length of the timeline
    Depend entirely on what footage is in the timeline and what effects have been applied.

but to the original poster...

Basically you are attempting to bypass all the necvessary bit of the standard workflow that preserve quality in your footage and then are wondering wherre the quality went.

Producing video footage is not a quick task. Producing video footage and compressing it to fit on a DVD will simply take a while I'm afraid.