Thread: How to Achieve this effect.

Default How to Achieve this effect.

Hello,
    I was wondering if there was a way to achieve the effect used at about 20 seconds in this video (the picture in picture, different sizes, similar to the effect on the show 24)

I am a semi-beginner to Vegas Pro, so detailed would be great.
    Thanks in advance,
    fort

Hi

I don't use or know how to do that with Vegas, but it can be done VERY easily with Roxio EMC10 (or the latest release, creator 2009).

All you do in EMC10 is drag the image, photo OR video on to the preview screen and resize / reposition it to suit and it plays! Simple and it works GREAT

You can add more than one image/video. I do not know what the limit is but while I was "fiddling" with this a few weeks ago I had three smaller videos playing on the main video screen. These images were also scrolling upwards on the main video screen (similar to credits).

You can also have these videos fade in/out or animate the slide in/out motion, so the videos appear from an edge of the main video.

HTH

Kind regards

Peter

Put the separate Events on separate tracks.

Go to the Track header of Track 1 and click on Track Motion Icon. This will bring up the track Motion Window. You can now reduce the size of the event and position it in 2-D space. If you also want to play with 3-D you can select the 3-D option.

OK, that was Track 1, now do the same with Track 2 and so on and so on . . .

Track Motion in Vegas continues to demonstrate just how easy this Vegas package IS and why more and more creativity is being released by more and more users of this fine software.

Grazie

thank you for the responses.
    I was able to manipulate the videos in X and Y planes, but is there a Way to possible manipulate them in the Z plane as well?
    And also to ass the reflection as seen in the video?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fortunas1 View Post
    thank you for the responses.
    I was able to manipulate the videos in X and Y planes, but is there a Way to possible manipulate them in the Z plane as well?
    Ah, a supplementary question......

I'm not sure that's really what you mean I think you want to resize the video to fit in the area you've made visible. Am I right? If so move to the corner of the rectangle in in the track motion window, so the cursor turns into a circle and you can resize. For more flexibility use Pan and Crop on the event as well as track motion.

For even better control and more flexibility have a look at Grazie's suggestion in the thread here: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sony-ve...ts-screen.html It took me a while to get my head around it (I'm a bit dense sometimes), but it was worth doing. (A) It taught me yet more about Vegas and (B) once you get used to this method, it's a really rapid way of getting "24" or similar type shots together. I've used it many times.

If you really want movement on the "Z" axis as well, of course Vegas can accomodate.

On the track header, click on the icon for "Compositing Mode", then select "3D Source Alpha". Now when you go into Track Motion you can move on all three axes and make you video twist & turn & swirls & weave etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fortunas1 View Post

And also to ass the reflection as seen in the video?
    I hope you meant "add"

To produce a "reflection" copy the event to another track. Open up event Pan and crop. Grab the top of the rectangle and drag it to the bottom. This will invert the picture along it's horizontal axis.
    Use left/right sides of the rectangle for an inversion across the vertical axis.

Add blurr or other effects to please.

Then butt your clip up against the other using techniques you've already learned in this thread.

Incidentally, the "reflection" in the video you posted (if it's the bit I think you're referring to) isn't a reflection as when the main image moves left to right, the reflection does the reverse.

So much to learn, but so much can be achieved....
    Tim