Thread: Wedding video sample

Default Wedding video sample

I managed to pluck some courage and pull small clip from a recent wedding vid I did...im sorry about the quality, I was not sure how to upload and preserve the quality at the same time (any tips would be welcome).

I will accept any criticism. The couple in question wanted somthing simple, nothing 'flashy'..so it is exactly what I provided and they were pleased with the delivered product....excuse the Asian music (be aware Asian weddings are always music videos).

***Temporarily removed- will be reposted along with other samples once I've created a dedicated channel ****

ducks into a corner
    Last edited by shaf; 09-13-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi Shaf.

Not too bad I guess.... but were we watching a car commercial or a wedding video? As much as I'm sure the concerned parties were proud of their transportation, I think you went a little far with the lingering shots of the cars. You also commited the most basic error - you got yourself in the reflection of the front of the black car at the beginning.

Love the music tho', I always enjoy that kind of stuff. Bride looked lovely and I liked the reveal as she came down the stairs.

I appreciate that the opening shots probably link up later in the video to build the story but I think you should have cut the footage down a fair bit.

Finally - the camera work was a bit wobbly here and there - were you using a steadicam or stabiliser of some kind? If not, buy one!

Well done Shaf.
    Pretty damn coverage and only one jump cut. Most newbies make, to me fatal errors and jump cut on same scenes. You used the car as a cutaway before she came out which was good. This covered the move to outside.
    The only one you missed was the groom holding the bouquet - jump to bride sat in car holding bouquet.
    As Andy says, the reflection was a no no and should have been spotted on the day and done again.
    Having said that, I once filmed myself reflected in the knife blade at the cutting of the cake.
    Only for a brief moment, but this now leaps out at me.
    Love the Chrysler 300!!

The Video is really good. Let's remember the purpose of the wedding film: it is a reminder of a wonderful day and of the friends and relatives who joined with you in the celebration. The thing is to identify your approach, spend time getting prepared, pre-plan capturing key moments, get good audio in key moments, and take many cutaways under all the conditions. Cutaways can cover a lot of difficult video moments.No reasonable couple are asking for an Academy Award production. If the people involved want a high-glam video then they're probably not clients you need.
    ---------------------
    RENITA
    Last edited by Mark W; 09-13-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The only one you missed was the groom holding the bouquet - jump to bride sat in car holding bouquet.
    Funnily enough I didn't see this as a problem. Clearly it's wrong if we're meant to be seeing one long scene in real time, but I saw the video as a number of clips telling a story. As such time passes between each clip. Maybe one of the "flash" transitions between the two clips would help?

(I'm not saying you're wrong, Zero, I just find it interesting people's different perceptions. I had the same thing in "The Bloodstained Moth" where one cut jumped out at me as wrong but no-one else who commented could see what I was on about)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RENITA View Post
    ... If the people involved want a high-glam video then they're probably not clients you need...
    I have to take issue with that statement, even though it takes this thread off topic. If you can deliver to the customers requirements, no matter whether high-glam or not and they are willing to pay for that, then why wouldn't they be the clients you want?

It would be a very narrow minded service provider that dismissed clients on the basis that they might want something that might be a little out of the ordinary.