Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Previewing on External TV in Vegus 8

Default Previewing on External TV in Vegus 8

I am running Windows XP and am editing on Vegus 8 using twin monitors. I am trying to connect a flat screen TV through the video preview window enabling the Preview on External Monitor button.
    I connected a firewire cable from my computer to my video camera to perform the codec function and used a yellow RCA cable from that to the yellow input on theTV. NOTHING
    The Video Preview window recognises the fact that it should be showing the results on the TV but NOTHING

PLEASE CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG

Blog Entries

What camcorder? I suspect it doesn't have DV INPUT.

Many (most) consumer cams only have DV output due to EU (or UK) laws placing camcorders with a DV input in a higher exise duty bracket. Usually the cameras are identical to those sold elsewhere in the world which do have DV input with a bit knackered. No doubt someone somewhere has a means of deknackering this.
    Tim

Thanks for taking the time to reply I appreciate it really!

Camera is a Sony DCR VX2000E has a DV in and out ( same connection)

Could this be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire144 View Post

Well, I took some time out to research your camera on eBay. Here is what I found:

* 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) ( 4 pin FireWire )

* 1 x Control-L (LANC)

* ( sub-mini phone stereo 2.5 mm )

* 1 x S-Video input / output ( 4 pin mini-DIN )

* 1 x composite video/audio (input/output) ( RCA phono x 3 )

No, this is NOT your problem. You do have options to get S-Video and Composite. This is GOOD news.

However, what you need to establish OF your camera can be used for what is called "Pass Through" this literally means that your camera is setup to convert your digital (DV) signal to an analogue (AV) signal.

I have a Canon XM2 and to do this I need to get to the menus and setup for this pass thru' option. Once I have done this it is, or was, a simple matter of having the TV setup to take in the S-Video or Composite signal. I say "was" as I now have had for the past 6 years a method of converting to DV. Firstly I had a Dazzle convertor (yuck!) and now I use my Pannie deck to do the work.

So, no that ISN'T your problem. Your problem is that you need to have a DV<>AV convertor. This can be your camera - IF IT CAN DO IT! - or get a cheap and they are cheap additional DV<>AV convertor card for your pc. Personally I would be going for a convertor and NOT use my camera.

If I have understood correctly I HTHs !

Grazie

Blog Entries

Yes. That camera is a piece of rubbish and you should get rid of it. I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for 50.

Only kidding Nice piece of kit and the shared DV in/out is definitely not your problem. I suspect Grazie may have hit the nail on the blunt end in that it's down to setting up pass-through.

(If you're still not getting any joy I have a friend with a VX2000 to whom I may be able to turn for advice)
    Tim

6. Default

Go into menu>VCR set> A/V->DV out and turn it off.

Thanks ma man for the wee offer for the camera just about at that stage.
    Cannot find on the camera menu a selection for pass-through any advice PLEASE would be a great help.

Cannot find on the camera menu a selection for pass-through any advice PLEASE would be a great help.
    Any advice? Any? Yeah, I got some - how about reading your user manual? You don't have it?

(Fade to Oz outback)

"Skippy, did he say he doesn't have it? Is that right Skippy? How far down the mineshaft did he loose it? 4.934 metres? Does he know he might need to spend money? He will then need need to download one. How much money Skippy?"

Grazie

Thanks for your prompt reply Grazie NO I cannot fing my manual and YES being a pensioner cash is more than tight. I make films for handicapped people like myself So tell skippy I will soldier on without the TV as I have managed without it for four years

Thanks again

Well, glad to see you are spending your well earned retirement making videos for a deserving group of people - good for you. And I am glad you have shared and now made unreservedly clear the position you are in. Well done! But why didn't you SAY you couldn't find your manual - yeah?

Now, who is out there that can assist? Tim - are you going to rattle you friend's knowledge on this camera?

Grazie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast