Thread: masking and keyframes

Default masking and keyframes

Hi,

I am new to After Effects and I am trying to mask the outline of a person so I can turn them into black and white while the image around remains in colour. The problem is that I need to do this as the character walks into shot, so i presume I will need to use keyframes to do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Rgards,
    Emma

You would save yourself a lot of time and hassle if you can use a blue or green screen and then get the software to key out the BG plate. Drawing masks around the talent in a lot of frames is very time consuming and you also have to keyframe the mask. If you can shoot with a blue or green screen then try to use it.

im assuming youve got after effects since youve posted in this area and ive used it to create clones where we had to cut arround one of the shots so it could sit over the other 1 me and my friend just used keyframes ect 2 do it and it dosent take overly long if u know wut 2 do but we tried greenscreen with aftereffects and had problems as we were doing it with skool and the lighting set up was better then we could have had ourselves but still not green screen standerd really and we had lots of issues with that but if u had a proper green screen with really good lighting then no problem otherwise it dosent take overaly long 2 keyframe once u know wut 2 do but if u dont have a proper green screen with green screen lighting then stay away from using them (which reminds me i really need 2 get round 2 getting green stuff myself)