Thread: Vegas 7 rendering uncompressed . mov problems

Default Vegas 7 rendering uncompressed . mov problems

Whenever I try to render my videos as . mov and leave the template type as "Deafult(uncompressed)" it always starts to render and will finish the sample frames which normally means its done, but when it finished the frames it stays at 75% and then just starts adding on more and more time to the approximate time left.

So yeah, basically to sum it up. I try rendering the video as uncompressed .mov to burn it later onto a dvd. But it freezes at 75%, any help?

Blog Entries

Do you have sufficient disk space remaining? Why specifically are you choosing mov as the container?

Well when I try to render as .avi and put it on a dvd I find that it looks...shaky almost. Like it looks like it does when you play a full quality clip, the frames look off.
    And when i render I have everything go straight to my external harddrive which still has about 130 gigs of space remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Well when I try to render as .avi and put it on a dvd I find that it looks...shaky almost. Like it looks like it does when you play a full quality clip, the frames look off.
    Are you expecting to make a DVD from a AVI? Interesting . .

I make DVDs using MPEGS.

Grazie

Blog Entries

I think the problem may be that you are choosing uncompressed.

Uncompressed video is 748x576x16 x 25 bits per sec
    equals 172 mbit / sec
    equals 21 mbyte / sec.

This means the drive will be totally full with less than 2 houe=rs of video.

Also remdering to uncompressed produces data at a hellish rate, likely to screw many systems up.

Try remdering to a sensible out put format - using uncompressed is insane, it just eats pc resources for no gain.
    Last edited by Mark W; 09-10-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Uncompressed video is 748x576x16 x 25 bits per sec
    Believe it or not I've been hunting high & low to find out how many bits are used for colour in DV-AVI for a "Basic Computing for Video Editors" talk I'm giving. Thanks Mark
    But now you've got me ... 748 x 576? I thought it was 720 x 576 Are the "extra 28 lines the ones used to carry "over the air" data in broadcast? Or am I way off target????

And BTW I do realise that there's a difference between uncompressed avi and dv-avi which IS compressed (spacially, but not temporally)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Pedant - I meant what you said. lol.

If you want info till your head bursts check out DV & Firewire Central - The No Bull Technology Guide to DV and FireWire

Blog Entries

Yep, Mark. Pedant is my middle name****

Thanks for the link. I'm off to don my anorak.......

**** Actually, to be pedantic, my middle name is Philip.
    Tim

So then when i render to dvd's and i use mpeg will there be a quality loss?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    So then when i render to dvd's and i use mpeg will there be a quality loss?
    Millions of professional DVD content creators use MPEG as their way of getting their precious work to clients, the public, film/video festivals, TV stations, advertising and creatives. Big clue there.

All we have to do is to ensure that the bitrate values we select are not so big that our DVD player can't cope. Other than that, that's about it.

However, I don't think - I may be wrong - but I am getting a feeling that anything we say here will convince you otherwise. In which case, try it yourself and see if YOU can see any noticable or unacceptable reduction in quality. Do it.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, I had a 30 second advert commissioned by a Pan-London organisation. It was delivered in MPEG2 and thence broadcast over a Cable-TV channel which ran for 5 months.

Grazie