Thread: Do you need free music for your productions ?

Default Do you need free music for your productions ?

Hi, i have recently started producing my own music, im a dj so i mainly have been producing house and electro, however i have been working on quite a bit of downtempo and ambeiant music that has gone really well.

so to gain more experiance and for jollys i would really like to make some soundtrack or incidental music for film.

If anyone is interested please email me > dirtysoho@hotmail.com

as the post says i have no interest in charging,

Phil

Blog Entries

That is a kind offer, however post like this on the forum are seen quite often so dont be miffed if you dont get much of a response.

Suggest posting some links to examples of your work.

And if you are good then you really should charge, imo.

I'd love to talk to you Phil!

I make powerkite videos, and for some time I've wanted to use unique music, but to date people have either been under some illusion or other about their ability, or get someone with a modicum of real ability and fees come into it.

For your information I'm a musician myself, classically trained on guitar, but turned to bass some years later, had a small stint signed to EMI with a band in the /70's, yadda yadda! In the mid eighties I gave up the crusade trying to make in it music and turned to sound engineering instead, ending up with a 25k rig doing live bands in and around the South West of the UK.

My point being, I know what I'm talking about.

What I really need for my videos is to be able to put across a 'feel' for the pieces needed. This would include a broad idea of what I would like where, and I'll then cut the video into the music. The problem I've had with doing it the other way around, arguably the normal way, is that no one has got it right yet. By producing the music based on the collection of clips I can at least save the time of editing something only top have to re-edit it to suit something else. My videos are not planned much, it's more about seeing what I've got on tape, and producing a video from there.

Take a look at a few of my kiting videos in by You Tube Channel linked in my sig, you'll note I use all sorts of genders of music.

Let me know your thoughts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    That is a kind offer, however post like this on the forum are seen quite often so dont be miffed if you dont get much of a response.

Suggest posting some links to examples of your work.

And if you are good then you really should charge, imo.
    I would second what Mark suggests. It would be an idea to provide a few samples on a website for download to start to generate interest.

Default thanks

thanks for replys, and will be taking a look at the youtube kites

thanks again

Default A sample track

Here is a download link to a peice of music that i have made.
    its pretty chilled - ambeiant and was the 1st track of this type that i have created. The rest being house and or electro so its a huge difference.#

More what you would expect to hear at the end of a movie ect.

Anyway please listen and give me some feedback.

Its called " Answers from asia "

should become apparant why...

http://www.mediafire.com/?djublzxyjsk

Quote Originally Posted by dirtysoho View Post
    Hi, i have recently started producing my own music, im a dj so i mainly have been producing house and electro, however i have been working on quite a bit of downtempo and ambeiant music that has gone really well.

so to gain more experiance and for jollys i would really like to make some soundtrack or incidental music for film.

If anyone is interested please email me > dirtysoho@hotmail.com

as the post says i have no interest in charging,

Phil
    hey men that's a nice thing to do.
    when i finish the script for a short that i've in mind, i'll mail u then, k?
    me n' my friends are from brazil, but i think we can communicate with our basic english. xD
    thz a lot, man.
    bye