Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wedding video contract

1. Default wedding video contract

I wonder if someone already established in the trade could be so kind to provide me with a sample of a professional video contract. So the client can be sure the video will be delivered after payment.

google it - there's quite a few examples of wedding video contracts out and about. I had a look at quite a few before having my contract drawn up. Obviously I can't comment on how good these contracts might be but there should be enough to get you started.

Good luck

Blog Entries

I am no Branson or Rockafellar but I would always get any contracts checked by a solicitor - we live in litigous times and in my expirience wedding videographers may ( ok mark get off that high horse now - its boring ) - lols.

Does the client need to retain a form with the videographer signature so he doesn't do a runner with the deposit?

I wouldn't think the videographer needs to sign anything for the deposit, look at it logically, do a runner with say 200 or turn up on the day of the wedding and get the balance.
    Personally i'd rather turn up on the day and get the balance and do something i really enjoy, filming.

Paul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walesfilms View Post
    Does the client need to retain a form with the videographer signature so he doesn't do a runner with the deposit?
    Is it a deposit or a booking fee? As a client, I would always ask for a reciept, and as a providor of a service, I would always give one.

Thanks. I guess once the terms of agreement have been signed and the balance paid in full, a basic invoice is all that is needed. Do any of you wedding videographers take the forms to the wedding show or leave them behind? I am preparing for my first show tomorrow and want it to go like I've been doing it for years.

Blog Entries

" I am preparing for my first show tomorrow and want it to go like I've been doing it for years. " - DOH !

The important thing is that you can produce the goods - not look like you can....

I CAN produce the goods but ANY business is about conviction and its always best to be as prepared as possible. Even if I couldn't produce the goods, times are tough and anyway I can make some money. I'm thinking about doing wedding photography too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by walesfilms View Post
    I CAN produce the goods but ANY business is about conviction and its always best to be as prepared as possible. Even if I couldn't produce the goods, times are tough and anyway I can make some money. I'm thinking about doing wedding photography too.
    Why not have a go at being the vicar - I mean how hard can that be, all you need is a old book and a frock....

My point is that you cant 'have a go' at being a professional providing a service - you either are or you are not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast