Thread: Window Disappears but Still Runs in Background

Default Window Disappears but Still Runs in Background

I am using Vegas Movie Studio 6.0. Recently I've encountered an issue that for some reason my window will just completely vanish. The Vegas Movie Studio window, that is. It just disappears while I'm in the middle of working. It does not go to the task bar or anything and there's no way to get back to it as far as I know.

However, when I open task manager the Vegas program is still running in the background. But the window is nowhere to be found.

Why does this happen, and is there a way to make it stop? If not, is there a way to get the window back up?

Thanks guys.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

I ran VMS 6.0 for a few months (still have it loaded and pay it a visit occasionally) and never came across that issue or read of anyone else with it.

Just to help others - what Operating System/version are you using?

Are you running 64bit Windows? I had the same issue with Diskeeper a while back and it was down to incompatibility with Windows XP Pro x64.

I am running XP Media Center Edition with SP3.
    HP Pavilion, Pentium D 2.80 GHz processor, 2 GB Ram...

Thought it might be viral or spyware-related but I've run every program I have (AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster) and the problem persists.

The weird thing is that I've had this program for about a year and a half now and never had the problem until just recently.

Did this issue arise just after installing SP3 then?

I don't think so. I've had SP3 for a while now and the problem started about a week ago.

After messing around it seems to happen whenever I try to move a large portion of the tracks at once. When I want to insert a clip in the middle of the movie and I zoom all the way out to move the clips on the right over, and then zoom back in to insert the clip to the left, that's when it seems to happen. Window suddenly vanishes. Doesn't ask if I want to save or anything. Task manager says it's still running.