Thread: Premiere causes illegal in ATIVCR2.dll

Default Premiere causes illegal in ATIVCR2.dll

Wel I had my first hardware problem tonight and wonder if this will make sense to anyone.
    I rebooted teh system to start clean, opened premiere, imported an AVi, placed on video 1, and as soon as i tried to scrub the file with the mouse i got the message Premiere caused an invalid Page fault in module ATIVCR2.dll at 016f:0c531775.
    Things have been going good for the last 3 days, and I did try re installing the ATI card and drivers. This is the older PCI All in Wonder TV card so maybe i am asking too much from it. But after reinstalling, the problem did not change. I will go to win2000 OS rather than 98SE if I could find drivers for the ATI Card.So far none have worked before, so i went back to 98SE.
    Any thoughts? and thanks in advance
    Harlan

2. Default

The ATI VCR Codecs are great, but not compatible with almost all editing programs.

Not sure about your drivers, which card is it ?

M

Default An older ATI TV wonder

My Card is an older ATI TV Wonder, with only 8 meg of ram. I did find some newer drivers though for both Win2K and 98, and am downloading these now. I guess i will try this first then begin to reconsider using my older ATI card. If this is not the best solution I am thinking that maybe I should consider pulling the card and going back to the SIS on board chip video set, (SIS 630/730 AGP) and picking up a video capture card instead. This might be the better solution anyway but leaves me with many questions then. So I will pose them here now. I only have the one PCI slot for the video input, and i have Open USB ports. What would be the better investment and keeping lack of budget in mind, Should I consider something now with Firewire support and then what would i use for VHS or SVHS input. Right now I will need the video in ports, but later hopefully will need digital inputs. I am thinking that I have taken a backwards approach here with trying to use the ATI Card and not utilizing the onboard Video hardware. Not only tying up resources, but limiting myself to only 8 meg capabilities. Since I know nothing about this format and am such a newbie, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks for your response NewVid
    Harlan

Default update on the new Drivers.

Well I have a mess now but could say i have no mess at all either. The New Drivers installed and I get a box with a message says if i am seeing this I have SUCESSFULLY installed the drivers and .....
    but this is a Dos based message during boot, and that is as far as the puter will boot now. I can not even get to safe mode so, alas I am looking at an OS reinstall here. Ce' le Vie. I will of course still try the new drivers again knowing i may be looking at some lost time investment, but then I will know for sure it is the drivers. Then back to the old driver disk and start over, and consider other options.
    Harlan

Default Problem Fixed

What a time it was, seems I really messed up the system by having the wrong drivers and installing. Problem is now fixed with correct drivers and of course a total reformat in the process. Thanks for the help folks.
    Harlan