Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas loses quality?

Default Sony Vegas loses quality?

The video quality is bad when I import video on sony vegas. The 1st picture is from same clip on windows movie maker and 2nd picture is from same clip on sony vegas. Anyone know how to fix the quality?
    Windows Movie Maker

Sony Vegas

Blog Entries

Serious lack of info, old bean!

What are these screen grabs from? The preview window (in which case what setting do you have that set to) or from a rendered output (in which case what format and what settings)?
    My guess is you're looking at the preview window and you've got it set to "Preview" quality. Don't worry, it's the rendered quality that counts.
    Tim

Why is the aspect ratio different? The gunsight eyepiece would be round, in the top image it's vertically over ovular allowing for perspective. Is this compaction of pixels adding to the problem?

Doesn't ANYBODY video/film and edit any more? This is NOT my genre of activity.

The "penny" has dropped for me.

Good luck people . . . .

Grazie

the pictures were taken a few seconds apart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nj25 View Post
    the pictures were taken a few seconds apart
    What is that in response to?

It's really difficult for anyone here to help you if you don't answer the questions I asked.
    Tim

Shouldn't make any difference. I appreciate the images have come from different programs, but your settings need to be looked at if the Aspect Ratio is wrong, It's possible that you're just dumping stills from the program preview monitors as said, stills from these sources are of poor quality. Sort out the settings in the programs and you may have a solutoin to your problem, and make your judgements about final quality from rendered footage.

Incidentally your perception of quality might need looking at. You're saying the 'quality is bad', but all I see is that Vegas shot is the correct shape, and the contrast is flatter, so for all intents and purposes the Vegas shot is actually better, if you feel it needs an adjustment to the contrast, do so.

It may well be that you've been using Movie Maker up to this point, and now actually think that's what it should look like, might be worth re-thinking that one, as all this time, you've been looking at a squashed image!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hill View Post
    Shouldn't make any difference.
    If you're responding to my post, Jerry, I have to say it makes a massive difference - he needs to compare like with like- if he's comparing rendered output from WMM or even good quality preview in WMM vs preview quality preview in Vegas then he's comparing apples with pears.

Yes, the aspect ratio in the first example is out and needs to be fixed, but I'd inferred from the OP that the "quality" he was referring to was that the Vegas example appears more blocky (hence my suspicion that this is a still from the preview window set to a "low" quality).

It was also obvious to me that whilst it may appear more blocky there is much more detail in the Vegas image - just look at the shadows.

Now if only NJ25 would tell us what we're looking at we could comment further.
    Tim

Nope, I was responding to his 'the pictures were taken a few seconds apart', not yours, simply crossed posts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hill View Post
    Nope, I was responding to his 'the pictures were taken a few seconds apart', not yours, simply crossed posts.
    Ahhhh..... Sorry.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast