Thread: Magic Bullet Looks

Smile Magic Bullet Looks

Hi, firstly I wanted to ask if anyone uses magic bullet looks and do you think it's worth getting? I've been thinking of getting it for a while now but I don't know anyone who uses it to ask them about it. Secondly does anyone know if it can be used in premiere pro 2?

Thanks People

B xx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Hi, firstly I wanted to ask if anyone uses magic bullet looks and do you think it's worth getting? I've been thinking of getting it for a while now but I don't know anyone who uses it to ask them about it. Secondly does anyone know if it can be used in premiere pro 2?

Thanks People

B xx
    I've used Magic Bullet pretty much since I've had Premiere. It's a great way of colour grading using the presets without delving into anything complicated. Thoroughly recommended by me, but can't confirm if the current version works with PP2.

Smile

Thanks Marc, I'll find out if I can use it with pp2, altough I was also thinking whether it's worth upgrading to ppcs3 anyway?

B

Blog Entries

The only reason I upgraded was to use under Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by B View Post

Thanks People

B xx
    I have found that Magic Bullet works best for home grade video cam footage which has the 7.2 black level offset and where folks have no access to an editor with brightness/contrast and color correction. I stopped using it a couple of years ago. It has render time issues out the wazzu!

Blog Entries

I have the first version and went through a phase of using it plusplus - but like Worddigger says - rendering - sssslllloooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww - really slow, however i belive the latest is better in this respect.

I dont often use the looks now - many are too extreme to be useful, and in the mean time I have got better at using vegas fx to get the looks i want.

I do still find myslef using the misfire gadget for aging video to look like old film - it really poops all over the vegas plug in.

I suspect i may us looks more if i had 4 cores - the new version and more patience.