Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTV Video Contest - Creatives, Get Aired on MTV

Lightbulb MTV Video Contest - Creatives, Get Aired on MTV

MTV + ME : WE WANT YOUR WORK ON MTV!

MTV and Eyeka are launching a contest to get your work aired on MTV in 2008/2009.
    Create a MID=MTV ID, it's a TV channel identity for MTV that incorporates the MTV logo by any kind of art form - live action, 2D, 3D, stop-motion animation, photography...
    You are free to make the MID anything you want it to be, as long as the MTV logo is integrated cleverly and correctly.The MID must be any of the following duration: 05, 10, 30. or 60 seconds. Join the contest here! : MTV + ME - We want your Work on MTV sur Eyeka - mtv, video, call for entries - appels à création, groupes et concours photo et vidéo sur Eyeka

Last edited by Eyeka; 09-03-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Eyeka - I've deleted the duplicate thread you started in the other section in line with forum guidlines. Please just stick with one plug for this.

Blog Entries

'Launching a contest to get your work aired on tv' - yea but what are the prizes?

Hi Mark,

The prize is to get aired on MTV, the channel
    For pride and a resume, i think it could look pretty good...

Blog Entries

No prize then.....

Blog Entries

People pay me to show stuff I make on tv - now and again - I think you are confused about the politicol economy of the industry dearie.

Blog Entries

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Are you saying that: You work for nothing making a video, your ideas are shown without receiving payment and your results are broadcast without you receiving a penny?

It sounds like a great way for a PR company to get loads of new ideas without paying for them. That can't be right, only a mug would fall for that one.

So, what's the prize then?

Edit: Aaah I've found the relevant bit "Eyeka... helps its clients to source quality, contributive content through a vibrant community of authors." in other words yup, it's a way of getting mugs to come up with new ideas without Eyeka having to pay for them.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 09-17-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

oh that sucks - so you reckon this agencies MO is to prey upon the ambitions of talented film makers - cynically using thier enthusiasm by encouraging them to do VALID work for nothing.

THAT SUCKS.

I feel yet another documentary coming on......

Eyeka - watch out for a big bloke with a big camera and some difficult questions - lol.

Blog Entries

The eyeka team.

CEO - Sadek Chekroun - worked for years in MARKETING
    CTO - Yves Languepin - worked for years in marketing

and so it goes on - NONE of these mooks are film makers.

A pox on these cynical marketing scum pimping on peoples talnets and enthusiasm.

Come back at me if you dare marketing slime balls.

I am penning a letter to MTV to say how horrified I am that they use such a cynical ploy and usury outift.

Hey Mark,
    If you could digg a little deeper like Eyeka's team, you could have also mentionned the other contest, for example the home page, where there's a 20 000€ reward for a tshirt design here . There's also Energie here which gave 5000€ to the winning video and displayed it before every feature presentation in all MK2 theatres ( a large french independent distribution company) + a DVD was included in all of Vogue Man ( 125 000 prints)...

To resume a bit, Eyeka is a french company and we're just starting to try to get anglosaxon contracts- in France, you would find out that Eyeka has already given more than 100,000€ in cash & prizes, and license contracts in just a little bit more than a year by rewarding its creators through dozens of contests - We were partners with the Cannes festival's "quinzaine des realisateurs", for short filmakers, partners with the 48 Hours Film Project...etc

When MTV comes knocking, and it gives us the chance to have a contest for our english speaking community, its just an opportunity for some to stimulate their creativity, enrich their showreel, and eventually place in their resume that they were aired on the channel.
    Of course it does not apply to everyone, maybe not filmmakers like you who have had many contracts and successes - it could be more of a gigg for students or others who would have some time and find in it an interesting challenge. It's a contest - no one is forced to join and agree with its terms.

We always try to get the best for our community - but we're a startup, and MTV is MTV. Its great for some and less for others but it's an opportunity we're offering and you either take it or you don't...

See you soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast