Thread: rendered file size?

Default rendered file size?

I have been downloading music video's from P2P programs and i have noticed that some of these video's have bits of commercials at the begining or end of the video.
    So what i have done is used Pinnacle Studio 9 to cut the garbage out of the video's.

My question is after i cut out the clips and render the video, the video is now double in size.It went from 40 to 80 megs but i didnt add anything, i cut out. So what i did after that was i messed with the quality settings and got the file back down to about 40megs but now the visual quality sucks. How can i keep the file size relativly the same but not lose visual quality using pinnacle studio 9?
    Have the lambs stopped crying clarice?

Blog Entries

First off, any re-encode will result in a loss of quality. This may or may not be visible. Secondly, quality per given file size depends on the codec used, frame rate and frame size. You'll need to match exactly the settings of the origial to achieve the same compression at approximately the same quality as the original (give my first statement that is). To find out the exact settings, download and install g-spot of AVIcodec.