Thread: Problems Rendering in Sony Vegas 8

Default Problems Rendering in Sony Vegas 8

I'm using Sony Vegas 8 Pro, and I'm experiencing a problem that I haven't had before.

The project's are 5.1 Surround and HDV 1080-60i (1440x1080, 29.970 fps).

I'm rendering in sony AVC, Template AVCHD NTSC 5.1 Surround

The problem occurs when I try to load up the video in the program. Instead of adding like a normal file, Vegas only recognizes a single audio track. However, I know this to be false, because I've gone and played the video in an external player. So either the problem occurs in rendering, and only relates to vegas, or it's vegas's fault.

Anyone know what's going on?

I have been importing media that I recorded on my Sony SR-12 and I get a pop up during the importing process that asks me if I want to download all the audio tracks (5.1 surround). I've clicked "yes" before and all the additional audio tracks have appeared automatically. Also I have clicked "no" before which only then one audio track was present.

So perhaps there is some sort of default that you need to reset in your Vegas Movie Studio program. Cause it seems that your program is automatically choosing "no" instead of giving you the pop up option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kameron View Post
    I have been importing media that I recorded on my Sony SR-12 and I get a pop up during the importing process that asks me if I want to download all the audio tracks (5.1 surround). I've clicked "yes" before and all the additional audio tracks have appeared automatically. Also I have clicked "no" before which only then one audio track was present.

So perhaps there is some sort of default that you need to reset in your Vegas Movie Studio program. Cause it seems that your program is automatically choosing "no" instead of giving you the pop up option.
    Sorry, I think I misstated my problem. The issue isn't the single audio track. The issue is that that's *all* there is. No video, despite the fact that it appears normally when vegas isn't being used to play the video.

EDIT: On reviewing the directories, I noticed that neither the sfk1 or sfk0 files were created... could that have something to do with it?
    Last edited by thewamp; 08-27-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Blog Entries

sfk files are the waveform visual files. It wont be connected to that.

Have you previously loaded hdv files without probs?

Exactly where did this video originate??? I am confused - an hdv file will only be stereo as it comes from a camera. 5.1 s tracks are usually from dvds ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    sfk files are the waveform visual files. It wont be connected to that.

Have you previously loaded hdv files without probs?

Exactly where did this video originate??? I am confused - an hdv file will only be stereo as it comes from a camera. 5.1 s tracks are usually from dvds ? ?
    These are hd videos that I've created in vegas (from footage from an HD camera), and then rendered using the format I specified in the OP. *Then* I tried to put it back into vegas and that's where the issues arose.

I've also had problems where, in rendering, vegas ignores several video tracks. It's kind of strange, because I've been using vegas all summer and this stuff only started happening a few days ago. Also, it can't really be a virus, because I don't install things on this computer.

Blog Entries

Can you do a system restore to before the problem occurred - might help identify any changes to your system
    Tim

Default sony vegas frame freezing

I got a problem with sony vegas 8 if i play a video clip the frame freezing the video causes lagging it lagg when u play it but the song goes fine can someone help with this problem my sony vegas is new plz some1 help me

Blog Entries

alcomendas, you have posted this same question in two different threads about totally different issues. To maximise your chances of getting a response, please post a new question under a new thread.
    (PS Mark W is probably right in his response under the other thread, my post is for future reference)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Yea - one question in one place strongly advised. Messes the forum up and puts peole off responding I think.