Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: latest wedding trailer

Default latest wedding trailer

Hey all! I read the forum here and there but haven't ever posted anything so here it is. This is my latest trailer and I decided to take a little different approach and use a bit more from the ceremony to drive the video.

Cheryl & Kurt Trailer !

Matt

Matt - welcome to the boards. Your contribution - absolutely fantastic. I don't think I could tell you all the things I loved about this video, so I'll leave that to the other generous folks on this board. Now, I'm off to watch your other movies, and I'll be taking notes!

Absolutely brilliant.

Wow, not too shabby Matt was gonna ask about your equipment and editing set up but found the details on your site

Blog Entries

' Coming soon - the divorce '

Very slick, very formulalic, very dull - but that is what wedding vids have to be. I am sure you do very well.

Nice clour work on that s set shot. The geezer in the dress could do voice over work - that really gave it gravitas.

I have to say, as you may have sensed, that I find wedding vids dull and devoid of creativity.

It's all overdone pull focus, obvious set up shots, yucky snogging shots and nausea inducing stedicam shots. It seems everyone wants to look like thay are appearing in an advert

'Hi I am mrs Jones - buy me'.

But like I said this is a very fine example of a very boring genre - but to be fair it isnt meant to be a work of art, it's a commercial product that I am sure your many customers love.

Blog Entries

Hey - just checked your kit - nice - and what I would expect a pro wedding vidder to be able to use - I do despair of people who have got a 500 quid cam and a 50 quid tripod pimping themselves as pros.

Shame it's all wasted on weddings imho... But i am sure you amke a very good living gvien the high standard of your work.

Extremely high standard of work with great voice over which is missing in many samples!

Great location for creative shots. The only thing I did not like was the overuse of the steadycam inducing vomiting shots.

They have there place! but can be overdone.

Great work.

Don't listen to Mark, even though he's right about weddings...!!

Cheers, GDR

Blog Entries

Yea - dont listen to me - talke my advice and you will end up making films that get your windows bricked - and i hardly ever make money from film work - lol.

This based on the trailer only:

Clearly nice work, but a couple of significant things missing for me which in my view would lift it away from the 'dull' sensation some are getting.

Picture that opening shot, but with the camera tracking ever so slowly to the right as she's reciting.

And, add a cross faded cut to the grooms facial reactions during that stage to allow the viewer to get a measure of his expression. So two cameras/operators minimum.

So basically I think there's room for animated shots, and less dwelling on each view.
    Last edited by Jerry Hill; 08-31-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typos

Blog Entries

I think the problem here Jerry is that whilst churches, register offices etc might be persuaded to allow more than one camera and even be amenable to mics, they do not want any movement during the actual ceremony or indeed anything that might distract the B&G from the matter in hand.
    Tim

Sure that's valid. I wouldn't know about that tbh, I've never shot a wedding on video, and only ever been asked to photograph the signing of the register when I was silly enough to do some friends wedding photography.

Call it a wish list to fill what I see missing in this fillm then .

It would be good to see some freedom being offered though, especially to good videographers like this. Our local vicar is a great guy and he'd be up for brass bands in a church let alone someone discretely sliding a camera along the floor. But the previous guy was so 'high' that he basically lost the whole village during his time there as new generations really were not interested in his stuffy rearward looking ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast