Thread: Samsung VP DC 171W Video recovery....

Default Samsung VP DC 171W Video recovery....

Hi guy's,

anyone have anygood ideas how i can recover a video on an 8cm dvd (Verbatim 8cm DVD+R Double Layer) that failed pre finalised on the camcorder (Samsung VP DC 171W). so far i've tried several things :-

Home Sony DVD Recorder = no disc
    Camcorder = no disc
    PC DVD-RW DRIVE= DVD-ROM but nothing at all in file and disc reads as no data

so far I have tried a couple of data recovery programs but they find nothing as well (as though disc is not in drive).

I'm getting kinda desperate as this has half of our honeymoon on the disc!

Thanks

Scott.

to tell you the truth, i have a couple of very important dvds which are unfinalised... this happened a couple of years ago, and i still didn't find a way to get the video data out of them... i think it's because finalising is writing the necessary data on the dvd to make it recognisable... so i don't think it's doable with the humble equipments we have...
    The child has grown
    The dream is gone

It must be do able because you can see the info physically on the disc surface there HAS to be a way to do it.....

I saw this in Hardware Problems under Please help me with my camcorder...

Please help me with my camcorder.
    I have a Samsung VP DC171W Camcorder and use TDK 8cm mini discs.

It keeps keeps displaying "disc error" when I try to finalise. I have used the disc before and it was ok.

I desperately need help with this as the disc is from New Year's Eve. It has my brother-in-law on it who has terminal lung and brain cancer with only 6 months to live. This disc shows him well. Please help.

Check this - How to finalize a mini dvd without the camcorder. Mark W posted a reply with a link, I can't get it to copy but if you look at this thread in Hardware Problems it might be of some use.

Quote Originally Posted by scott40k View Post
    It must be do able because you can see the info physically on the disc surface there HAS to be a way to do it.....
    yes you're right, the data is there... but as i said, none of our humble equipment can read it... if u're willing to spend some money on it, there must be some kind of service store which recovers such data... but as far as i know, it's costy...
    The child has grown
    The dream is gone