Thread: Why can't wmp's near perfect brightness adjust not be saved?!

Default Why can't wmp's near perfect brightness adjust not be saved?!

Hey guys, I just registered here because I really want to find a solution to my problem. I took some really great videos in Miami and some of them were at night with the skyline in the background.

Well today i'm looking at the videos and you can't make out the buildings at all, you can only tell they're there by the lights. So I tried making them brighter in windows movie maker and it didn't help at all. Then I found the video settings in windows media player, and amazingly it worked perfectly. It makes the video brighter, you can make out the buildings perfectly. It worked flawless. I went to save as really happy with the results until I opened the saved file and realized it doesn't save the settings :(

So I search on the internet for programs that make videos brighter. I found a few but they all fail horribly compared to wmp's settings. None make the buildings show up, they all just make the existing light brighter. I then thought about finding a program that would record the video from my wmp and save it as a new file but I could only find programs that record streaming video.

So I'm really desperate here because I want to put these videos on facebook to share with family and friends, and i'm so close with wmp's settings that I can taste it. Is there anyway at all, preferably free, that I can save these videos with these settings intact or is there a way to brighten the videos on par with wmp that I missed.

Please help!

Thanks!

Cmon people, there has to be some way to save or duplicate wmp's brightness adjustments.

just download any trial version of any editing software (i recommend premiere pro from Adobe) and it will do the job...
    The child has grown
    The dream is gone

Well, I just tried adobe premiere and it came up the same as all the other tons of editing programs i've tried. They all suck compared to wmp's settings.

It's pretty pathetic that one of the most advanced video editing tools used by professionals that cost so much money can't top a free basic media player with a basic brightness adjust. Truly sad.

The only option I see here is a program that can somehow rip what wmp is playing and save it as a new file. Does anyone know if there's something out there that allows you to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ88 View Post

The only option I see here is a program that can somehow rip what wmp is playing and save it as a new file. Does anyone know if there's something out there that allows you to do that?
    I use FRAPS to capture mediaplayer playbacks. FRAPS show fps, record video game movies, screen capture software

Quote Originally Posted by derkvanl View Post
    I use FRAPS to capture mediaplayer playbacks. FRAPS show fps, record video game movies, screen capture software
    And see, that is why you are the man!

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly, the only thing being that I could only record the videos in 30 second parts since thats the most the free version lets me, but other than that it was exactly what I was looking for.