Thread: panasonic configuring for Vegas Movie Studio

Default panasonic configuring for Vegas Movie Studio

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I have searched the archives for an answer to my question under a few different search parameters, but still can't find the answer.

I have Vegas 8.0 and shoot video with a Panasonic PV-GS320 camcorder. When I got Movie Studio I remember having to configure it to accept video from a Panasonic camcorder--something about Sony/Panasonic compatibility problems. I used the camcorder a lot and had no problems capturing video until last night. The capture starts, but stops at 4:14 or 4:16 then goes to pause. I have tried everything I can think of, but I can't remember where I got the info that you had to do a special configuration to get the Panasonic to work on Movie Studio.

As I understand it, Vegas 9 has worked out these compatibility issues. (?)

Other than buying Vegas 9, how can I solve this? Does anyone know how to get Vegas 8 to accept video from Panasonic camcorders?

The program worked fine up until 12 days ago when I left on vacation. I captured a bunch of video to free up tapes for the trip.

Also, Vegas 8 doesn't recognize my camcorder under the video option on the capture page. It shows Microsoft DV camera and VCR--not Panasonic.

Sorry if this has been covered. I could not find a thread with this information on the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Olson

PS I'm in the US and have the version of Vegas 8 that was sold here.
    Last edited by Eric Olson; 08-18-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: forgot other information